Importing PFPX Flightplans

Could someone kindly refresh me as I was away from this aircraft for nigh on over a year, and have forgotten or never figured it out in the first place how to import PFPX-created flightplans in the Dash's FMS?

Thank you.

Comments

• Pfpx does not allow for this... Not sure if their upcoming update will address this.
  • I do not think it is a good idea to import a FPL from a Flight Planner as the idea is to check your OFP with your entries in the FMS. It is done that way in RL.
    JP

• @jpgmultimodal said:
    I do not think it is a good idea to import a FPL from a Flight Planner as the idea is to check your OFP with your entries in the FMS. It is done that way in RL.
    JP

So, does that mean, I have to sit there, and spend a great deal of considerable time-----bearing in mind that I have no Flight Ops planning room, etc as in r/l to do the donkey work for me-----and input each and every waypoint, in the FMS FPL, even for short flights, e.g. LOWI to EGCC?

@kroswynd said:
    Pfpx does not allow for this... Not sure if their upcoming update will address this.

So how are say flightplans from other sources other than PFPX imported into the FMS then?

• edited December 2018
    You have the capability of using other applications other than PFPX to have flight plans saved to the format which the Q400 utilizes, or if you choose to save the flight plan directly to the nav folder using SimBrief or another utility which saves using the Q400 format, one is then able to access the flight plan via the FMS.

At the end of the day regarding the flight plan input, you are still required to input it into the FMS yourself regardless of having a flight planning room. In essence, your flight planning room is PFPX or Simbrief or whatever. The entry of a flight plan into the FMS (especially if it is a short flight) only takes about 2 minutes... If that long. One can also store flight plans via the FMS if one intends to utilize them again.

Will we be automating this at any time... Not likely.

Cheers
  • Okay, I took the hard work of inputting a flight plan whether it be 20 seconds worth of effort or 20 minutes time which is totally immaterial as time to me is paramount, by finding an answer to import a flight plan elsewhere.

• @Brizer10 said:
    Okay, I took the hard work of inputting a flight plan whether it be 20 seconds worth of effort or 20 minutes time which is totally immaterial as time to me is paramount, by finding an answer to import a flight plan elsewhere.

Hi Brizer10 - I know this is an old thread but what was the answer please?

• edited July 2020

Use the Simbrief web client and download the Simbrief FMS Downloader. The former to create and compute your flightplans; the latter to automatically install them into the correct folder for your aircraft. Then, for the MJC, all you do in the VC FMS is click the "FPL" button, go to "COPY PLT RTE", and select your route from the list. Kaboom.

• I copy the route to FPR Converter