Q400 stops dead midair & taxiing

Hi all,

When I had P3d V3.4, i remember that the Q400 would sometimes come to a complete stop midair, then continue flying normally. I could sort of fly with this without much issue. However, on V4.3 this issue now takes place when taxiing. Plane just comes to an abrupt stop for unknown reasons.

Any suggestions on what might be causing this and how it may be solved? Im using the Pro Edition for V4. I dont have atuosave enabled in FSCUIPC.

Thanks

Dazza

Comments

• Ok, since we have ruled out FSUIPC, have you tried looking at your Display or World setting within the options menu? For starters try scaling back some of your sliders to the right. One can only make assumptions at this time not know what your PC specs are and how you have your P3D configured.

Cheers

• I did forget to mention that this only happens with the Q400. I do have all the other big (and small) addon aircraft installed.

PC Specs are
    i7 4790K @ 4.0ghz
    GTX 1080
    Windows 10 Home
    16gb Ram
    P3d running on a 512gb Samsung SSD

Its strange, because the sim doesnt seem to stutter at all. Its very smooth locked internal at 30FPS. Its as if the Q400 gets ahead of its self and has to stop and wait for P3d to catch up? You can clearly see AI traffic still moving around normally, whilst I come to a complete stop.

Even moving sliders back doesnt seem to cure it.

Thanks

• Have you tried running your FPS limiter at unlimited?

• I have just tried running unlimited and yes, it still continues. I managed to capture it on video if it helps?

• Well I think I may have found the issue. Whilst I stopped using FSCUIPC for auto saving (because of the stutter bug), i started using another auto save programme called KSimSaver. I just disabled that, and the (not so) random pauses stopped. I guess the Q400 doesnt like any kind of auto saving programme?

• That is correct regarding Autosave functionality....primarily due to the way the Q400's FDE is modeled.

• Thank you for you help. Ill make sure autosave is disabled for the Q400.