Oil Temperature too low

Dear Majestic-Software-Team,

As I am a crew member on the Q400 in real life, I noticed that the Oil Temperature in nearly every flight phase is too low and is cooling down too fast.

In real life, the OIL TEMP is going up to 98°C and inflight the average value is around 80°C

In your simulation, the OIL TEMP is only going up to 67°C and inflight the average value is only around 60°C.

In the QRH this state is stated as "LOW OIL TEMP (0°C - 65 °C)" (Page 5.11).

If you reduce the power (e.g. descend), the oil temperature keeps decreasing towards 57°C which is actually the state I described before.

The real life counterpart DOES NOT do that.

I would need to do the following actions (as QRH) on EVERY flight I take with your simulation:

--- Monitor affected engine performance.
--- Exit icing conditions as soon as possible.

I am using your product to train myself for daily ops.

It is really "killing" my immersion.

Is there any way to change this by myself or can you change that?

I know from a good source, that the OIL TEMP was more realistic in your previous versions (2014).

Thank you and kind regards!

Comments

• Thank you for your input, along with the accompanying information for oil temp operation. Your "source" of information regarding its former working status is correct as we are aware that it did work differently previously as well.

We will be looking into the parameters as to why they may have been altered, and look at rectifying the issue in hopes not to drastically alter other parameters.

Cheers