How to silence the takeoff warning??

Hello,

I looked for the solution on the and forums, and I can not do it.
I am having a problem with the Dash 8 in FSX, in that whatever I do, the take off configuration alarm cannot be silenced. I use exactly all the indications given, in the checklists, and here.
Flaps 5, 10 or 15 ......SET
Trim......in the white range
Parking brake......OFF
Aileron Trim.......0
nosewheel steering off,
No warning light and, I cannot stop this alarm
I do not understand : The FLIGHT/TAXI switch MUST NOT be engaged prior to performing the T/O warning test??????? engaged where ????
Which position??? Flight or Taxi??? I tried both positions, and I still have the T/O warning??
If anyone could give me explanations.

Is there a good T/O checklist, because if I follow exactly the checklist step by step, and I still have this warning ????
Thank you in advance for help
dom

Comments

• edited January 2019

I have a feeling it might be the anti-skid, you'll find the switch on the far right of the glareshield. Also nosewheel steering should be ON for takeoff although I don't think that would cause the alarm to sound.

ckyliu - Proud supporter of http://www.ViaIntercity.com, 950+ flights for J41 & Q400 and 200+ for A320

• Yeah the spoilers should be in "TAXI" position, parking brake off, nosewheel steering stays on for the entire flight as well.

• Very likely or possible that the Condition levers are at MIN and not MAX, they must be at MAX for takeoff, or as @bravomike mentioned - The spoiler switch MUST be in the TAXI position prior to commencing the takeoff config check.

The following conditions must be met prior to takeoff to avoid the takeoff warning horn:
    1. Flaps set
    2. Condition levers - MAX
    3. Elevator trim with within the white arc
    4. Parking brake - OFF

Give it a shot and let us know.

Cheers

• Excessive aileron inputs on take off roll also cause this to sound.

• edited January 2019

...and be sure the landing gear locking pins are stowed in the bag

• @dom66 said:
    nosewheel steering off,

The "MJC8 Q400 NORMAL CHECKLIST" says, in the "AFTER START – F/O" section:

NOSE STEERING ... ON

Could that be your issue?

• Thank you all, for your answers, I will try this afternoon.
    I will give you information about the next

• > @freddy said:
    > @dom66 said:
    > nosewheel steering off,
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The "MJC8 Q400 NORMAL CHECKLIST" says, in the "AFTER START – F/O" section:
    >
    > NOSE STEERING ... ON
    >
    > Could that be your issue?

Nose wheel steering is not a condition that would cause the take off warning horn.. The conditions listed in my previous post are conditions that can have an adverse impact on the take off if not properly configured.

Cheers
  • spoilers must be in as well.

• Thank you all for the help, it is especially the info 2, Condition levers - MAX, which was not indicated.
    It's OK now I do not have the T / O warning anymore.
    Excuse my bad English.
    Best regards

The topic can be closed B)

• edited January 2019

Glad you've got it sorted dom66. ☺

@kroswynd said:

Nose wheel steering is not a condition that would cause the take off warning horn.. The conditions listed in my previous post are conditions that can have an adverse impact on the take off if not properly configured.

Roger that. Noted. And thanks.