FMC - runway for departure

The flightplan has been loaded. I choose the number of the runway for departure. In LFMN 04R, which is number 2. But the '2' sign does not show up, only this sign '*', and the FMC is dead.

Comments

• Is it dead or does it insert it after a while? Just wait a littel bit.

• edited January 2019

I'll have a look at your situation to see if it can be replicated. However, it could be that the FMS is in a semi paused as it searched for all applicable data pertaining to that runway.

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/comment/1074#Comment_1074\

Cheers

• LFMN is one of the few airports where I have to select the SID without having previously selected a runway. Maybe it has to do something with the large number of available SIDs at LFMN and I do not know whether or not this might be a problem with the real world FMS as well.
    Just skip the runway selection and it should work as expected.

• Problem does not exist anymore. Thx for comments.

• @Lindbergh said:
    LFMN is one of the few airports where I have to select the SID without having previously selected a runway. Maybe it has to do something with the large number of available SIDs at LFMN and I do not know whether or not this might be a problem with the real world FMS as well.
    Just skip the runway selection and it should work as expected.

The departure procedures at LFMN are not runway specific as indicated on the charts. In such cases you only need select the required departure procedure and not a specific runway.