Shared Cockpit Issue

edited January 2019 in Customer support

Having issues with a mate attempting to connect to Q400 through shared cockpit. We believe the issue is port forwarding but whom is at fault is unknown.

My mate can see my movements (moving flaps) but I cant see his movements so what is the likely cause? Is it his port forwarding or mine. My internet company has confirmed that the ports 49200 and 49210 are forwarded.

I have attached my setup with my mates details and he has the reverse on his. We both get the blue bar in the quality section of the shared cockpit connection menu in P3D. We confirm we have the same aircraft _QLK version, same airac, same P3D, same airport scenery, same gate.

Firewalls are off and ports added to the firewall as well as UDP.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Try this approach:
    You - send and receive via 49200
    SC partner - send and receive via 49210

One of the downsides of SC trouble shooting is we do not know how everyones isp is setup as we have seen many cases where the ISP was the bottleneck preventing a stable connection or a connection at all.

Have you tried performing a SC flight with someone else who is able to perform SC flights? This could help to confirm that there may be an issue with you or your SC partner.

Providing that you have followed the instructions that we have provided for a normal SC connection there should be no further intervention needed.

Keep us posted

Cheers