Tiller operation question

edited July 2018 in Customer support

I use FSX Acceleration and have the Q400 Pro installed. I have set the FSX Controls, Throttle X-axis (of my CH Pro Throttle) to operate the Spoilers. The tiller in the VC functions normally, as does the differential throttle function, but the nose wheel doesn't move with it. The "Pins" are in the bag, and the Nose Wheel steering switch is in the "ON" position.

The Taxi / Flight switch is set to Taxi (although I don't know if that's necessary). In the MJC Control Panel ("Flight Controls" tab ) I have ensured that Spoiler option has been set and "Applied" and that the CH Pro Throttle "X" Axis is moving the Tiller correctly and FSX restarted (several times).

What might I be overlooking?
Thank you,
Ken Boardman

Comments

• That is pretty weird. Are your engines running and hydraulics working correctly?

• Also, keep in mind that it can take a few seconds after you activated the nose wheel steering before you can actually move the nose gear. The nose wheel won't turn when you are not moving forward, so if you are just standing there without actually moving, the nose wheel cant actually turn.

• Have you assigned the use of the SPOILER function in the CPAN as well, this is pertinent so that the software can determine which input device you wish to use. Ensure that the Q400 is running, open the CPAN and assign the appropriate tiller setting, click on APPLY - then RE-LOAD the AIRCRAFT (not the simulator).

Keep us posted

• Thank you for the replies.
    Engines running. Hydraulics working.
    Tried numerous times with AC taxiing.
    As mentioned in my original post, The tiller function has been assigned
    to the Spoiler axis and "Applied" and AC reloaded (numerous times).
    I s'pose the next thing to try is assigning ailerons (or mouse) to control the
    tiller. I'll follow up after.
    Ken

• I have now tried both Ailerons and Mouse for tiller control with FSX running and
    the AC reloaded. Still no tiller steering. The tiller and differential throttles both
    move but not the nose wheels.
    What are the recommended sensitivity and null zone settings in the FSX Controls
    setup for my CH throttle device? They are presently set at 100% sensitivity and
    0% null zone.
    Thank you,
    Ken

• I am glad this subject has been tabled, as I am having the same problem. The only difference is I am running P3D v4.2. with the Pilot version. With the engines and generators online, and all hydraulics on, yoke will not turn L/R but does pull B/F. In the control panel, the Aileron output indicator moves L/R, but the yoke will not move. No matter which Steering Control Mode I set for the tiller, the output indicator does not move and just sits on the left side. I can move the tiller control with the mouse, from inside the cockpit, but this is not satisfactory. I dont know why this is happening, as I have not done anything to the sim, since the last time I flew the Dash.

Thanks,
    Neil

• edited July 2018

" With the engines and generators online, and all hydraulics on, yoke will not turn L/R but does pull B/F. In the control panel, the Aileron output indicator moves L/R, but the yoke will not move. "

Did you release the control lock, aka the gust lock? The gust lock is used to "lock" the ailerons while on the ground to prevent being damaged by wind.

• Not on subject ~:(

• Downloaded fresh installation file from 'Just Flight", and Downloaded a fresh
    125hz utility file. I reinstalled the package and all's well now. Guess I should
    have done that first ~:)
    Twould like to know what caused the issue, but only Omar the Tron God knows
    and he doesn't share his (evil) trade secrets.
    Best to all,
    Ken

• Ken,

Good to know that you are able to get the issue sorted out. I thought that you had already attempted a re-installation.

• Have released the control lock, and the yoke operates the ailerons as normal. It still hasn't helped with the tiller steering problem. When taxing previously to this problem, it never occured with the control lock on.