Boarding music won't play [RESOLVED]

edited July 2018 in Customer support

Hello,
so recently I've tried to re-enable boarding music, but apparently it isn't willing to work. I activated "Music Playback" in the Control Panel, all the audio files are untouched. So when I start up the aircraft and put the ARCDUS on, the music just won't play.
Actually I already got the boarding music to play once, using Shared Cockpit. But without Shared Cockpit it isn't working at all for me. Is there anything you can think of that I might have forgot to set?

Comments

• The engines must be off the the doors open (if I recall)...so that the boarding process may be simulated.

Also ensure that you did not disable this option via the mjc84.ini under the SOUND section.

• Yes, I have that set up. It still doesn't seem to work yet. I will just try to open all doors and not just the front and cargo door, I will report back.

• It still doesn't work. Also, if I got to the Cabin Disp Page on the FMS, there is only "Flt Script", nothing more. Is that supposed to be like that?

• Unless there may have been some form of corruption with your scripts. When looking at your mjc84.ini are your settings configured the way that you want them to be?

i.e: here is an example whereby you can see that the entertainment_music_enabled is set to 0.

; passenger entertainment settings
    ; flag to enable/disable all announcements of flight attendant
    entertainment_FA_announcements_enabled =1
    ; flag to enable/disable all announcements from flight deck
    entertainment_FC_announcements_enabled =1
    ; flag to enable/disable music
    entertainment_music_enabled =0
    ; if set to 1, announcements will be played according to the announcements script.
    ; if set to 0, the announcements still can be played manually using FMS
    entertainment_auto_announcements =1

• Affirm. All of them were set on 1.

• Okay, apparently the announcements and boarding music work on any of the default liveries, but do not work with other repaints. Very strange, I checked the files and compared them, but couldnt spot anything that would cause this issue.

• I will run a test on this theory tomorrow.

• HA! Solved it now. The reason for this issue was that some of the liveries (those who had no boarding music playable) didnt start with a "MJCQ400_" in their title on the aircraft.cfg file. Once I added it, everything worked fine.

• Thanks for the info...as I just did a similar test, but all of my liveries played the boarding music.

• Do they all have "MJCQ400_" in their title?

• All of mine do....yes

• Well, then you should have no problems. I downloaded some liveries which were just titled as the reg of the aircraft or had different names, those wont work.