Losing / Muffled Sound when switching cameras with Chaseplane

Hi,

I just bought the Dash8 and I noticed that after configuring the aircraft and the cameras using Chaseplane the sounds are muffled or lost when switching from cockpit to external and vice-versa. I have to manually click with the mouse in the cockpit for the sounds to return to normal (looks it is looking focus somehow). After some research, I read some posts from 2017 reporting a similar error when using Chaseplane, but at that time an update from Majestic seems to have solved the issue. I am now running P3D v4.5, MCJ84 1.020 64bit, Chaseplane v 1.0.38 Exp. on a Win10 64bit machine, so wonder if I missing something.

Any ideas please?

Thank you!

Arturo

Comments

• Hi Arturo,

you will find a hotfix in the User Area (http://majesticsoftware.com/mjc8q400/support.html). This should solve your issues. :smile:

• Issue solved, many thanks.

• Is this hotfix still available? I can't find it in the User Area.

• Will check into it...thanks for the heads up

• edited October 2019
    @CaptKornDog,

Are you using the correct credentials whilst logging in. I'm simply asking as some users who may have upgraded from the pilot edition sometimes inadvertently use their old order number which may cause an issue depending on how the account is setup.

If this is not the case then kindly reach out to us via out Support email with your credentials that match the current version of the Q400 that you are currently using.

Cheers.
  • Hi sorry to reopen this but im having the same issue. I have no engine sounds in the cockpit or cabin however i have in external view?
    Im using v 1.020A pro edition, chase plane and did have immersive audio installed. I have uninstalled everything and reinstalled still no engines. Please help!

I have also looked on tge user area with above link for hot fix but cannot find it?
  • @tayibetom

Hello,

Have a look at the previous post, and see if this may apply to your situation.

However, with the issue you are having this was a known bug hence the reason for the updated patch v1.020a (which you have advised is not in your account). Prior to 1.020a the sound would disappear which switching back into the flight deck from an external view. Simply clicking anywhere within the flight deck will "usually" restore the sound (but every scenario is different).

Be sure to verify that you are actually using the credentials for your PRO account (if you did an upgrade from he PILOT Edition). If the update is not there then kindly write to us via our Support email, and we'll attempt to get your sorted out.

Cheers

• Ok so I have deffinately used my product code for the pro edition I've downloaded the update in the user area which gives 1X doc and a panel.dll which I've placed n the mjc dash 8 folder. Still no joy I have all cockpit sounds but no engine sounds. When I click anywhere I still get no engine sounds. Move to external and there are engine noise back to cockpit nothing.

This is happening even without loading chaseplane up

• Appologies i have now fixed this. It was simply an issue with the way the speakers where configured after changing from surround 7.1 to 5.1 all is well.