CTD on Launch

Alumni,

P3D v4.5
Q400 with 1.020a patch
Win10
FSUIPC

When selecting the Dash from the opening P3d scenario the screen goes black for a few seconds, 10 maybe then P3d crashes back to the desktop. If I launch into the default F-22 P3d starts OK. I can then go to vehicle and choose the Dash and away we go, but I don't want to have to do that each time. Any thoughts on how I can select the dash from the opening screen? Thanks.

Comments

• What aircraft do you have selected as the default aircraft that loads with the opening screen? Usually if it is an aircraft other the P3D default aircraft, there can be undesired results similar to what you are experiencing.

If you do happen to have an aircraft which is a complex aircraft being loaded on the opening screen prior to launching the Q400 then a CTD is highly probable. It is always best to start with the F-22 or Baron, etc.

Cheers

• Kroswyd, it's the default F-22.

• I have the excact same problem!

• OK, lets have a loser look into what your issue may be.

Have you attempted to un-install then re-install the aircraft, be sure to re-install using Administrator Rights by right clicking on the installer?

• Hello,

I do not know if this would help to understand where this problem comes from.

I have P3dv4.4 - Win 7 - FSUIPC - Q400 Pro with latest patch - Active Sky for P3d v4.4 - GSX - Everything installed with Admin rights. Drivers updated.

Before to launch P3dv4.4 I use CCleaner 2 or 3 times. I do that all the time.

I use the Q400 with 3 screens : Pilot / Overhead, pedestal, etc. / Co-pilot.

The pilot and co-pilot screens are "virtual" and the middle screen is "2D".

If I launch directly a scenario with this setup, it crashes.

What I do now is to start with the F22, then a Q400 scenario with the 3 sceens "virtual" and when it finishes loaded I select the scenario with the 2 outside screens "virtual" and the middle screen "2D" and no more crashes.

It takes about 2'40" to load from the start to the final setting that I like and never got crashes anymore. When the scenario is completely loaded I then position the Q400 to another airport if necessary.

If needed I could post screens.

Regards,

jp

• Hello, I'm experiencing this same issue as the OP. Haven't found a fix yet.

• Some feedback from the OP would be helpful as there could be a few items that could be causing the issue.

1. Is this particular issue happening at each airport that he/she attempts to load the Q400 at. If possible provide the airport at which this issue occurs each time

2. Could it be that these is a third party piece of software that could be causing the issue (not likely, but not impossible).

3. Normally with the F22 running as the default aircraft when the SIM loads, loading the Q400 afterwards is usually not an issue. Now, I to have had an occasional CTD with P3D 4.5, but I racked it up to some changes that I made in the P3D.cfg, simply deleting the .cfg and letting the SIM rebuild it fixed "my" issue. You could give that a try and see if that to may help.

• This is the error that I get Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.5.12.30293, time stamp: 0x5cd47aad
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.267, time stamp: 0xc00f8a30
    Exception code: 0xc0000374
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000f9269
    Faulting process id: 0x25b4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d54c751c9c0624
    Faulting application path: E:\P3D4\Prepar3D.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: efa1dd5a-baca-41f4-b46d-35b475d67573
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

• Reinstall as admin worked for me.