Repost: Pilot waypoints can't be entered into the FPL (Navigraph issue)

edited July 2018 in Customer support

Hello,
as I just noticed I posted this topic in the wrong section. My bad!

So, the problem is that with Navigraph I cannot use custom pilot waypoints correctly. I can insert them into the FPL, but as soon as I try to enter prestored custom waypoints by their name into the FPL, the FMS just acts as I've never entered that waypoint. Also, if I try to obtain Info of that waypoint, either by the FPL Info or by the Pilot Data Menu, the following will be displayed: https://i.imgur.com/pNyGgq3.jpg

I noticed that this did not happen when I didn't have Navigraph cycles installed. Once I installed them however, the problems appeared. Can anyone confirm this Problem with Navigraph?

Comments

• I still didn't find a way to fix this issue. Could anyone help me or confirm the issue exists for them as well?

• Hi !
    I had Navigraph 1805 cycle installed for the MJC Dash8 and I was having the exact same problem. Couldn't reuse pilot stored waypoints. I reinstalled MJC Dash8 over existing installation and works now correctly but with database of october 2017. Before doing the reinstallation of the MJC Dash8 I tried the 1702 (february 2017) Navigraph FMS database update and I had the same problem. For sure there is a problem with the Navigraph update which is not fully compatible with MJC Dash8 FMS database. I'll try to find something regarding permissions issue. With Win10 it happens a lot no matter the program you're using. As usual no warning message except that the forbidden program (what ever it is) didn't do his job. Annoying. Hope somebody at Majestic will look at this discussion and find a solution or a workaround.
    Win10 64 bits and P3D v4.2.

Thank you !

• Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I was waiting to see how much feedback would come up from this thread, although not much it enough for us to start digging a bit deeper into whether its a Dash/Navigraph issue.

• Hi !

I made some tests to try to solve this problem.
    First I gave full permission (read and write) to my window user to access any folders and sub folders in the P3D v4 folder. It didn't change anything. The Problem is still there. Then I reinstall again the Majestic software ( MJC Q400 Pro ).
    Now the FMS is working properly and I can reuse my customize waypoints but I have an obsolete FMS database.
    Before updating to Navigraph 1808 FMS database, I backed up the
    C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\nav\nd.ndb3 file.
    After the update I got 3 new files in the
    C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\nav directory.
    1 cycle_info.txt
    2 nd.mdb ( Miscrosoft Access database file )
    3 nd.db3 ( DBase file created by the installation of the Navigraph update ).
    At this point I can not reuse my customize waypoints even if I program a new one.
    To test more, I removed those 3 new files and reinsert the original nd.db3 file installed by the installation of the airplane.
    At this point the FMS was now working properly again.
    The size of the original nd.db3 is 119.7 mB and the new one is 87.7 mB.
    From my point of view, the new nd.db3, created by the Navigraph update, is not created correctly and prevent the MJC Q400 Pro FMS to work properly. Hopefully with this, Majestic will be able to correct the situation and let us enjoy this feature (part of the MJC Q400 Pro) of using our customize waypoints.

Thank you !

• edited October 2018

Here's a temporary workaround I've found. Create and save a flight plan with the pilot data waypoint in it. Of course you will be required to go through the steps to create/re-create the waypoint. Then later if you need that waypoint, load the flight plan with the saved waypoint and make any other adjustments. You will not have to re-enter the waypoint.

• As far as I see it, is the solution that if you load a new cycle from Navigraph, you must bring the FMs to the same cycle. When done, you should have no problems with inserting WPs.
    Guenther

• What exactly do you mean by bringing both FMS to the same cycle? Once you've downloaded the cycle both FMS are updated. Or did I missunderstand you?

• As far as I know we don't have the control to update one FMS at a time. When we install a navigraph update, both FMS are updated automatically. The update is made from an executable file from Navigraph (ex: pfpx_1710.exe) and not from a command inside the FMS.

• Yes, you are right Igl3592 and cargO, I said it misunderstandable. Sorry.
    Guenther