Q400 announcements?/Q400 Durchsagen?

Hi guys,
I have a question. How does the announcements in the Q400 work? I heard i have to press the [PA] button. And then?

Thanks for helping.

Greetings

Timothy

Hey Leute,
Ich wollte wissen wie die Durchsagen in der Q400 funktionieren. Ich habe gehört ich muss den [PA] Knopf drücken. Und dann?

Danke für jede Hilfe.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Timothée

Comments

• Also bei mir kommen die Durchsagen automatisch an den entsprechenden Stellen, z. B. beim Beginn von Descent. Habe aber noch nie darauf geachtet, welche bestimmte Maßnahme die Durchsagen auslöste. Auf jeden Fall drücke ich nirgends drauf. Aber ich werde mal demnächst darauf achten, wann die ausgelöst werden.
    Gruß Günther

• The announcements can be executed via the FMS for the various phases of flight. However, the announcements script is driven by the engines being off and the passenger door being open...normally the "Boarding" cockpit state which can be assigned via the CPAN in the PRO edition.

• My announcements seem only relate to boarding and departure, not arrival: on shut down the announcement says "welcome on board" etc. Is there a way of writing your own 'script' for custom announcements - if so, how (and where) do you do it?

Andrew