Virtual cockpit view! wrong zoom factor and wrong alignment

Hi,

in the past i modified the camera.cfg in prepar3D 4.2 for another airplane. The result was, that the view in the q400 was no longer deafult. Specially the zoom factor in the main virtual Cockpit view was different.

Now i update the client and the content to Version 4.5. The next step was to reset the camera.cfg (rename the old and let generate prepar a new one).

Than I install the q400 over the old software stand without deinstall the q400 before. The result is, Standard cockpitviews are wrong, not the default which i knew.

I can not explain it. Is it possible that the q400 work with an old aircraft.cfg which don't change while installing without remove the old Installation befor? This is my next qustion is it possible to generate a new aircraft.cfg like prepar where the program genrate a new one if the cfg is missing?

Best regards

Sebastian

Comments

• Hello Sebastian,

If I am understanding you correctly - upon installing the Q400 over your already installed Q400 resulted in your modified aircraft.cfg being over-written by the original aircraft.cfg that ships with the Q400. This would be correct. Hopefully you have a backed up copy of your modified cfg. The Q400 does not re-generate the aircraft.cfg after its original installation if it is removed.

I hope I have answered your question.

Cheers