FMS displays remain off

Hi,
I first wrote a mail, having forgotten that the forums existed so now I am writing here as well.

Few days ago I reinstalled the Dash 8 but initially tried to install it externally from P3D (with add-on.xml since I am using P3D v4.5 now with the latest hotfix which is HF2 I think). It actually worked up until starting the sim where I encountered the issue I currently have - even after reinstalling it normally within P3D. All displays and buttons seem to be working - except for the FMS. The displays there remain black no matter what I do. I tried reinstalling (always ran the installer as an admin), turning my AV off, turning every kind of protection off to no avail.

Did one of you experience that issue? If and you managed to resolve it, mind sharing how? Thanks!

Comments

• Hello,

Copy that you are having some issues. First, what version of the Q400 are you using? I can only assume that it is the 64bit version of the Q400, if it is not then your version will not work properly in many cases. if you are using the 64bit version have you attempted to operate the aircraft without the FMSs to see if it actually works.

If the aircraft is actually installed correctly and working you can try something which is a bit odd for a new install.

1. Press the ON/OFF button
    2. Press the RSK1 button multiple times, about 5- 8 times (this is the BRIGHT key in the OFF/STBY mode).