Weird problem

Hi,
I've just reinstalled the Q400 on my new computer and when the control lock is on i can't turn the yoke left or right. It doesn't move at all. When releasing control lock it works. Any idea? Thanks .
Real

Comments

• The ailerons are cable operated, it's supposed to work like that. The elevators still work because they are hydraulically operated, and do not need a control lock

• That's why i find it strange. It worked ok on my old computer. I've never had this problem before.

• What may seem like a problem, is actually how the aircraft is designed to work as @zedlin mentioned.

Cheers

• If the throttle control lock is on, even though i turn my yoke the yoke in the simulator doesn't turn. It's like it was also locked and when the control lock is off, i can. I didn't have this problem before. I just keep the control lock off but it's not the procedure when on the ground.

• When the control lock is engaged it prohibits the movement of the ailerons, and you are correct the yoke will not move once the control lock is engaged.

However. if you are using the yoke for ground steering, it will still operate normally even though you do not see the yoke moving when moving it left or right.

Cheers

• Sounds good. I'll give a try. Operator's problems..... ;) Thanks.