Taxi and External Lights do not light runway/taxiway from cockpit

I have scoured the internet trying to find the answer, but it still plagues me. In external view, all lights look fantastic, and properly light the runways and taxiways. However, from the cockpit, these lights do not light the taxiways and runways unless another light source is present. This is incredibly frustrating when trying to taxi or land on a cloudy or moonless night, as everything remains pitch black.

Any ideas?

Currently running:
P3D V4.5.13
MJC Q400 V 1.02 64b
Chaseplane and Q400 Immersion
REX EnvForce
Active Sky
Dynamic Lighting and HDR is on

Comments

• edited October 2019

Same here. It's very annoying. I have HDR off but am able to have the landing/flare lights illuminate by click the 'terrain' check box in the reflections section under Water and Bathymetry. The taxi lights still don't illuminate but I can put up with the landing/flare lights working.

• Folks,

We have had a few users in the past who experienced the same issues, and what we observed was that of the lighting effects used/selected via third party programs like REX's Texture Direct, etc. had an effect on the taxi lights not illuminating the taxiways/runways when attempting to view them from the flight-deck.

While this may not be the case in your scenario it would be worth investigating it to see. I just conducted a test on a newly installed Q400 in the recently released LM hotfix and all seems to work as it should regarding illumination onto the runways/taxiways from the flight-deck.

• > @kroswynd said:
    > Folks,
    >
    > We have had a few users in the past who experienced the same issues, and what we observed was that of the lighting effects used/selected via third party programs like REX's Texture Direct, etc. had an effect on the taxi lights not illuminating the taxiways/runways when attempting to view them from the flight-deck.
    >
    > While this may not be the case in your scenario it would be worth investigating it to see. I just conducted a test on a newly installed Q400 in the recently released LM hotfix and all seems to work as it should regarding illumination onto the runways/taxiways from the flight-deck.

Would Orbx Australia v2 cause an issue? Something in the lighting config?
  • Hi,

You might try this fix: Set the MOON_PHASE_LIGHTING=False in the P3D.cfg, [GRAPHICS] section. There are references, that LM introduced a new feature, which might produce problems like yours with some addons.

Rgds
    Reinhard

• Thank you for the suggestions! Will definitely give each a shot - it would not surprise me if an overlap of addons would be a contributing factor, considering this is often the cause of P3d issues.

• BTW - confirmed that setting MOON_PHASE_LIGHTING=False greatly helped! I can now see the taxi and landing lights from the flight deck :) Thanks all for your help

• I had the same problem and changed cfg file as advised . Taxi lights works now.