Dash is now a Helicopter!

Yesterday I used the Control Panel to set up PAX, Weight, Fuel etc. and 'calculated'/'exported' to the aircraft (which was already loaded in FSX as required). As soon as the simulation opened in VC view, before I could do anything, the Dash (complete with ground power unit attached) took off vertically, did an inverted roll and dived into the ground. Active Sky was not installed, as I've been having problems with holding altitude - see separate post - and wondered if it was to do with that. Comments / suggestions anyone? I'm beginning to wonder if I need to uninstall and start again.

Andrew

Comments

• Sorry, that wasn't as clear as I meant it to be. Mentioning ASN only served to cloud the issue (pardon the pun). What I meant to say was that I have been having other problems (like failing to hold selected altitude) so, in case having ASN activated was a causal factor, I had not used it for the 'helicopter' behaviour.

Andrew

• The need to uninstall and reinstall is not necessary, how could you provide some additional information.

Some suggestions :smile:

Airport... Complex or default. Have you tried another airport to se if the issues follows?

Terrain Mesh... No higher than 5 or 2 different users have reported different results.

Keep us posted

Cheers
  • I had changed nothing, and was 'flying' from a basic airport. I uninstalled and reinstalled the a/c and all is well again. :|

• Ok thanks for the update