"Too Low Flaps" warning when aircraft is properly configured?

So, I got the Pilot edition of the Q400 for FSX Steam. The callouts from 2500 to "Minimums" work fine. But when I get to 200 feet and below, the plane gives me the warning, "Too Low Flaps" when the props are at 850 rpm and flaps are 15 degrees and gear is down. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

Comments

• edited November 2019

For the approach, the Condition Levers are advanced to Max, if necessary, otherwise they are at least prepared for Go Arround (normal case). To do this, activate the Pushbutton RDC Np LDG and then push the CL to Max. The speed then remains at 850 RPM and is only automatically raised in the case of a Go Arround (PL to Max).

• In addition, you also set the GPWS LANDING FLAP SELECT SWITCH correctly, ie flaps select lever is not set at less than the landing Flap Selector Switch.

• edited November 2019

Set the GPWS Landing Flap knob to 15, it's just below the gear lever.

As FraPre has said, you land with props at 1020 rpm unless you have RDC NP LDG enabled.

You're also suppose to have the fuel AUX PUMPS enabled, but not autofeather (which is for takeoff only)

Proud supporter of http://www.ViaIntercity.com, 950+ flights for J41 & Q400 and 200+ for A320

• but not autofeather (which is for takeoff only)

Hi ckyliu, where can I find, that Autofeather is only used for TO? Up to now, I activated Autofeather also during Approach, as I think its then as important as on TO.
    Guenther

• edited December 2019

It is not documented as such, but DeHavilland/Bombardier during flight testing did not see it being advantageous to have the autofeather engaged for landing. During takeoff the workload can be relatively high and the autofeather is designed to assist pilot in identifying and feathering the compromised engine if the RPM drops below 28% (don't quote me on that percentage) which would also help to prevent feathering of the incorrect engine by the crew.

Yes it sounds absurd as early training in twin engine aircraft practically drill the engine fail procedures into your brain. I personally have spoken with Dehavilland reps (before the company was branded Bombardier) regarding this. During the landing phase. It may be documented somewhere with an explanation but in the AFM or FCOM that the Autofeather be selected for the landing phase.

• @Guenther it's in the FCOM:
    "The autofeather system provides automatically initiated propeller feathering following an engine failure during take-off, and power uptrim of the operating engine (Figure 12.22-5). Autofeather is selected on for take off only, using the AUTOFEATHER switchlight on the engine instrument panel". They don't explain the reasoning in the FCOM, but it's Bombardiers instruction so it's what we follow.

Proud supporter of http://www.ViaIntercity.com, 950+ flights for J41 & Q400 and 200+ for A320

• Thanks to krosswynd and ckyliu for your explanations, now my workload in Approach has become a very little bit smaller! :)
    Guenther