APU Shutdown Issues

Hi! I have come back to the Q400 in P3D 4.5 HF2 in Windows 10 after having a spell on the iFly 737. I am really enjoying the Q400 and its reminded me what a great piece of software this is. I have an issue though.

Once I've started the engines I turn off the APU Gen and Bleed Air in the APU Control panel. I then push the PWR button on the APU Control panel to shut down the APU. The Fuel Valve open light goes off and the Fuel Valve closed light comes on but after about 5 seconds the Fuel Valve open/closed lights alternately flicker as does the starter light on APU Start in the APU Control panel.

Have I got the procedure wrong or do I have another issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled as adminstrator with Windows Defender turned off but that hasn't made any difference.

Rich Cooke

Comments

• Thanks for the response. I'd searched but not found that. I'll try that but I only use the 2D panel anyway although I do use hardware buttons programmed through Spad.Next. I'll ignore my buttons and operate it on the 2D overhead next time and see what happens. Thanks again for the advice.

Rich Cooke

• Interesting outcome. I tried using the Shift-3 pop up for the 2D overhead only with only mouse and no hardware inputs and Spad.Next not running and had the same issue. Reloaded the aircraft and tried using the mouse in the VC Overhead. No problem at all. It worked perfectly. So for me the issue is just with the 2D Overhead. Hope that may narrow it down if you are looking to fix it.

Rich Cooke

• edited December 2019

You will have the issue if the 2D panel is used, that is a known issue at this time.

Cheers

• Hello Simeon,

I believe you mean the "2D" panel as I use it all the time for the overhead and I have this little bug as well.

On the FWD and AFT (2D) panels as well I have sometimes flickering squares. I change computer and still the same happens from time to time. I tried to take a picture when it happens but it is so fast that I did not manage to do so.

Regards,

JP