Steep Learning Curve - New To Majestic

okane October 27 2016
Good Day

I purchased the Upgrade to Pro 64 Bit version for Prepar3D v4.1. Very nice modeling, steep learning curve, fine with me. So some details.

I'm running windows 10, i7,16Gb Ram, Nvidia-1060. Prepar3D v4.1 with Chaseplane and Spad.Next. Here are some of the problems I have encountered.

1. I have a combination of sporadic/Random or NO engine sound, followed all the instructions even clicking on plane windshield as suggested in another post - No luck and understand we wait for a fix

2. Is there some magic combination of configurations required to activate the weather radar? I followed the sample tutorial and several YT videos. Still and nothing that was detailed works in my installation of the Majestic Pro Version. Other than the on/stby/test no other switch or button results in any animation or Wx Or WxA display. Nada Nothing. Not a big deal but if it's not working what else is not!

3. I have installed the Majestic Dash 8Q400 twice as I thought the first install left something out...did not help.

4. Suggestion, please provide me and my fellow Virtual Pilots the ability to turn off default failures. I for one found it extremely frustrating to go over hell's half acres looking for a solution, which I found on Avsim. Seems to me the control panel/systems or Flight Config tab would be the perfect location for a simple series of radio check buttons

Thanks for a great looking model, managed to get it off the ground, perhaps with the failures turned off I may get a chance to get her back down.

Comments

• kroswynd October 28
    Hello Okane,

Welcome to the MJC support forums, let's see if we can shed some light on some of the issues you mention.

1. I have a combination of sporadic/Random or NO engine sound, followed all the instructions even clicking on plane windshield as suggested in another post - No luck and understand we wait for a fix.

Ans: - You are correct, we became privy to this issue after our installers were sent off to the vendors, and will be addressed in an upcoming patch.

1. Is there some magic combination of configurations required to activate the weather radar? I followed the sample tutorial and several YT videos. Still and nothing that was detailed works in my installation of the Majestic Pro Version. Other than the on/stby/test no other switch or button results in any animation or Wx Or WxA display. Nada Nothing. Not a big deal but if it's not working what else is not!

Ans:- The MJC weather radar is by default designed to work with Active Sky Next for P3Dv3.x and Active Sky for P3D v4.1. When the weather radar has been turned to the ON position, one must also select the Wx mode (Wx/TERR button) on the EFIS Control Panel top allow the overlay to be represented on the MFD (pages 16.7 & 16.8 within the System Description manual has more information on this). As a precautionary measure you can alse verify that the switch has been enabled via the mjc84.ini file:
    [INTERFACE]
    ; GENERAL SUPPORT OF THE INTERFACES
    JOYSTICK_INTERFACE =1
    ASN_INTERFACE=1
    WXAR_INTERFACE=0

1. I have installed the Majestic Dash 8Q400 twice as I thought the first install left something out...did not help.

Ans:- Understandable regarding the re-installation, however, it appears that your installation is solid, thus far.

1. Suggestion, please provide me and my fellow Virtual Pilots the ability to turn off default failures. I for one found it extremely frustrating to go over hell's half acres looking for a solution, which I found on Avsim. Seems to me the control panel/systems or Flight Config tab would be the perfect location for a simple series of radio check buttons

Ans:- Turning off failures can also be done via the mjc84.ini file.
    [CONFIGURATION]
    cockpitConfigScript=ccColdAndDark
    ; Maintenance Deprecation Factor specifies how much faster the aircraft components fail compared to the real life
    WearOffFactor=1.0 //
    However, there are certain failures that will occur regardless of the WearoffFactor being switched to 0, as every virtual pilot has a level of responsibility that he/she must adhere to ensure safe and proper operation of the aircraft hence the reason for the checklists and manuals. These functions will not be tailored because they are specific to the PRO Edition.

Cheers,

• okane October 28
    I originally bought the pilot version in 2013 when first released, I never installed it as life issues changed a bit. So I'm back.

Concerning your weather answer..Thank you for the reference to Active Sky, I was unaware it was either required or needed to be running for the Radar to work. Is it documented somewhere that this is required?

In my "INI" File the parameter WXAR_INTERFACE was equal to "1" should it be set to "0" as indicated in your answer below?

Ans:- The MJC weather radar is by default designed to work with Active Sky Next for P3Dv3.x and Active Sky for P3D v4.1. When the weather radar has been turned to the ON position, one must also select the Wx mode (Wx/TERR button) on the EFIS Control Panel top allow the overlay to be represented on the MFD (pages 16.7 & 16.8 within the System Description manual has more information on this). As a precautionary measure you can alse verify that the switch has been enabled via the mjc84.ini file:
    [INTERFACE]
    ; GENERAL SUPPORT OF THE INTERFACES
    JOYSTICK_INTERFACE =1
    ASN_INTERFACE=1
    WXAR_INTERFACE=0

Concerning your Default Failures answer. Thank You. I expect to experience failures if the checklists are not followed. I would like my flight experience in the Dash to occur without unexpected avionics, electrical and engine failures just for the sake of realism. Once I learn the quirks of the flight dynamics and become comfortable handling the Dash systems perhaps I will turn them back on. With the setting you provided can I safely assume no more wear type failures? Would you please elaborate as to what "certain failures that will occur regardless" I may experience?

On a side note your documentation is really an explanation and not a how to. The sample flight document helped somewhat, but I found myself scouring the internet looking for answers and suggestions.

My 2Cents - While I understand your desire to create a flight experience in the Dash as real as possible for "The Seasoned Simmer" or "Student" I really think you should revisit the notion that would allow a Pro or pilot version user the ability to turn off failures more easily.

Thanks For Your Answers

• kroswynd October 28
    Ques:
    In my "INI" File the parameter WXAR_INTERFACE was equal to "1" should it be set to "0" as indicated in your answer below?

Ans:
    The syntax should remain as in the example posted, if you change it to 0, you have then disabled the feature. I failed to mention the weather radar will also work without Active Sky, however, the weather representation will be that of the default MJC representation which is not always accurate, and a bit over exaggerated.

Ques:
    Would you please elaborate as to what "certain failures that will occur regardless" I may experience?

Ans:
    I will mention some of the oddities that could arise if one fails to verify or initiate systems being on
    a. Failure of the gear to retract
    b. Main gear tires being damaged - excessively hard landing
    c. Engines failing during icing conditions

Quote:
    I really think you should revisit the notion that would allow a Pro or
    pilot version user the ability to turn off failures more easily.

Ans:
    The MJC84.ini provides a lot of functionality and making most of them readily available on the CPAN can end up being just as confusing to some users. The mjc84.ini by design houses the default configuration of which we MJC want the aircraft to be in based on the Edition which you have purchased, but allow the user the capability to change some parameters if needed. The more common features & and a few complex ones are configured via the CPAN which is used by most Simmers of the MJCQ400