P3D4.5 [RESOLVED]

edited January 2020 in Customer support

Hi,

I've just moved to P3D4.5 and bought the Majestic for P3D4.5. (at Just Flight). I have one question, is the MJC84 control panel is the same for both (FSX and P3D)? Thanks.

Real

Comments

• Even though i change the weight unit (kgs/lb) i still have units in kg in the FMS. I can't remember how change it in the FMS. Thanks.

• When you click APPLY in the CPAN, you MUST reload the AIRCRAFT (not the simulator).

• I do it but it changes nothing in the FMS. (value still in kgs). Also, the control panel suddently closes by itself and the values i put in it disappear.

• The FMS...are you referring to the weights on the fuel page within the FMS?

Are you running FSX and P3D on the same machine? If so you must use the CPAN specific to each simulator platform. As they do not control both platforms simultaneously.
  • Sorry, i'm a bit confused. Should i find 2 control panels in the windows menu. I can only see one and i can't choose between FSX or P3D4.5. If there is a second one where is it?

• To clarify …

If you have FSX installed, and the Dash 8 FSX version installed in that … then you will have an FSX version of CPAN for the FSX version of the Dash 8.

If you have P3D installed, and the Dash 8 P3D version installed in that … then you will have a P3D version of CPAN for the P3D version of the Dash 8.

You must use the correct CPAN for the corresponding aircraft. FSX CPAN for the FSX Dash 8 and P3D CPAN for the P3D Dash 8.

• edited January 2020

@Kroswind

To add some weight to real's post ...

I have P3D. I do not have FSX installed. FSX has never been installed on this PC (it is a new PC). I have the P3D version of the Dash 8 Pro installed. If I choose LBS in CPAN, and then reload the Dash 8 (not the simulator), I still have the "Fuel in KGs" placard appearing just below the ED on the centre front.

I run CPAN using "Run as Administrator". Other options chosen in CPAN all work fine.

I simply cannot get that placard to disappear regardless of what I try ... I run CPAN, choose LBS and reload the aircraft ... or, I run CPAN, choose LBS and then reboot the simulator ... it makes no difference. The placard remains in place.

I haven't bothered to raise this as an issue because I merely do everything in KGs and all is good. In fact, I haven't even bothered to look in the INI file to see if anything changes when I toggle this setting.

(Windows 10 64-bit, P3D is being run as Admin, anti-virus software has appropriate exceptions in place, etc)

• edited January 2020

@freddy ,
    Thanks for the heads up. I will run the PRO version as see if I am able to replicate the issue with changing LBS to KG or vice versa.

@real said:
    Sorry, i'm a bit confused. Should i find 2 control panels in the windows menu. I can only see one and i can't choose between FSX or P3D4.5. If there is a second one where is it?

Simply go into the CPAN folder of each Dash 8 installation and create a shortcut to your desktop and label each one "CPAN_FSX" and "CPAN_P3Dv4x", this way your changes are directed to the correct Q400.

Also if changing the weights doesn't appear to be working, one can always change this via the mjc84.ini located in the "ini" folder, under the [EFIS] header. Simply change the FUEL_KG_UNITS to 0 for LBS. Of course be sure to make a backup copy of the original "ini".

[EFIS]
    ; 1 for KG, 0 for LBS
    FUEL_KG_UNITS=0
    ; 1 for hPa, 0 for Inches
    PRESSURE_HPA_UNITS=0

Cheers

• I've finally changed manually and it works perfect. Even though i use the right cpan, it doesn't change the weights. Thank you very much.

Real

• Another thing, do my FSX repaints work in P3D4.5?

• Good to hear that you're back on track. Yes FSX repaints do work with P3dv4
  • Thanks again.

• edited January 2020

@Kroswynd,

I opened mjc84.ini file in Notepad (on my machine, the ini file is in the "C:\Games\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\ini" folder). I set the FUEL_KG_UNITS parameter from 1 to 0. I saved the file and then loaded the sim. The sim loads to a P3D default aircraft. I selected the Dash 8 from the aircraft selection menu. This is the what I see:
    MJC84-KG-or-LBS
    It appears that no matter what I do, that placard remains.

It is interesting that when real did the same manual change, it worked.

I stress again that it does not bother me as I am happy to simply use KGs for all my flights.

It's worth noting that the manual ini file change is indeed reflected in CPAN. After I made the change from 1 to 0, CPAN showed LBS for the radio button selection. When I changed it back from 0 to 1, CPAN showed KGs for the radio button selection.

(P3D 4.5 (v4.5.13.32097), Windows 10 64-bit, Dash 8 Pro patched to 1.020b, the sim is run using Run as Administrator)

• edited January 2020

UPDATE:

@kroswynd

It would appear that I may be wasting your time. Further testing has revealed to me that the repaint I am using has a file called "vcpanels.bmp", and, you guessed it, that placard is actually included on the panel as part of the repaint.

In other words, the CPAN change from KGs to LBS and back again is in fact working fine for me. It's just that I always fly using this specific repaint and therefore that placard has caused me confusion.

Considering it's possible to change from KGs to LBS and back again in CPAN, I find the painter's thought to include this placard on the repaint a bit perplexing. And, there's no mention of this in the their readme file.

I have now removed that placard from the repaint. I am glad to have this issue (or, should I say, non-issue) resolved. And to think I've been flying using KGs all along when I didn't really have to. Classic.

• You would be correct in that you were looking at the incorrect indicator for the KG/LBS data. Your ENGINE DISPLAY indicates whether your fuel is loaded in KG or LBS.

A picture is worth a 1000 words sometimes :)

• edited January 2020

Of course, you are correct. I saw that placard and didn't bother to actually flick any battery switches and power up the aircraft to check the instrumentation. I just went straight in to CPAN again, changed it back from LBS to KGs, and gave it no further thought. It was only when I saw this thread that I figured I'd look a bit harder and ask the question, ultimately leading me to find the reason myself. All's well that ends well.