the Q400 and FSUIPC

edited January 2020 in General

Is it wise or not to set your controls with FCUIPC ? This is the only aircraft that i don't have it set with FSUIPC cause of the way it's built . I bought this a couple weeks ago from PC pilot Mag .Every day its a struggle to taxi this bird and not even fun any more, some times it works, next day it don't ,I re- enabled my controls and wiped out the FSUIPC profile but no change, some days it won't taxi then out of the blue it decides it's gonna taxing properly , then next day without touching any thing it's "here we go again". Some times it seems if i just go straight ahead its fine and when i do a pushback something maybe ,i'm not sure throws it out of kilter, then she won't taxi . Read post upon post and took away the semi colons that a tutorial said to do in the INI file but no luck. Any way i'm about ready to pay some one to come in with TeamViewer to fix this cause i'm at my wits end --I'm running Precision flight controls yoke and throttles and Saitek pedals ----thanks Louis CYYC Alberta

Comments

• edited January 2020
    Hello,

A few things of interest based on your thread.

While fsuipc is a great tool it is not required for the MJC Q400. However for those who choose to use it it's a fairly straight forward set up which is not much different how you'd set up any other aircraft. That being said the use of the CPAN tool is also required to ensure that input devices have been properly configured.... Especially the nose wheel steering as there are several options available for users which again are configurable via the CPAN.

While I am not sure how you implement your configuration settings for fsuipc it should be the same as I mentioned previously. Simply assign the PFC yoke axii for elevator and ailerons, then do the same for your rudders, and the nose wheel steering if you are using a separate input device you would assign the spoiler axis to this. If you are not using a separate input device for NWS then you would have to assign the mouse or yoke option as many users do.

Now once the aircraft is loaded open the CPAN to ensure that your input devices are providing output for the respective axii, and at this point you can adjust sensitivities. Any changes made require you to click APPLY and then reload the aircraft (very important step).

The other critical step is that there is a switch to activate and deactivate the nose wheel steering. This activated after the towbar is disconnected and takes 7 seconds to initialize before steering is available.
    Hope this is of some help to you.

Keep us posted.

Cheers.
  • Thanks for the reply kros . I really had to force myself to write this post saying 'Man when these guys see the word Taxi one more time there gonna lose' it but after 4 days of trying i had to do some thing . I'm gonna digest and experiment what you wrote back and let you know. thanks a bunch -Louis

• Here's where i am so far , i'm not going to set up anything with this 400 to FSUIPC and i'm leaving it to "Controllers enabled" I'm on Ailerons and mouse . So far if i push back using the FMC in the 400 it won't steer following your instructions on waiting 7 seconds every thing else, but if i use the GSX pushback function when the tug leaves and i switch the taxi mode and wait it works just fine . One thing, is i'd like to set my sensitivities for the yoke in the Control panel but i have no idea where to start for the numbers that you plug in there. In the sensitivity box there's 1.0000 so if i want the yoke to be more harder to pull what kinda of numbers do i plug in there to get me started ?

• edited January 2020

@Louis said:
    I'm not going to set up anything with this 400 to FSUIPC and I'm leaving it to "Controllers enabled". I'm on Ailerons and mouse . So far if i push back using the FMC in the 400 it won't steer following your instructions on waiting 7 seconds every thing else, but if i use the GSX pushback function when the tug leaves and i switch the taxi mode and wait it works just fine .

>
    That does seem a bit odd, as it should work either way (Q400 pushback or GSX pushback). As I mentioned there are three options for steering Mouse, Yoke or Tiller, most users if not using an input device for the tiller will use their yoke for nose wheel steering. Below is the "ini" entry found in the "mjc8.ini" located in the ini folder. Try using the #1 option: which requires use of the yoke or joystick's aileron axis while taxing below 40kts, and the taxi switch turned on.

[FLIGHTCONTROLS]
    ; this means, no real force feedback available
    ElevatorInFSXmode = 1
    ; TillerInput = 0: tiller control is with mouse only
    ; TillerInput = 1: turning ailerons below 40kts will steer the plane
    ; TillerInput = 2: tiller is mapped to the spoiler axis
    TillerInput =1

One thing, is i'd like to set my sensitivities for the yoke in the Control panel but i have no idea where to start for the numbers that you plug in there. In the sensitivity box there's 1.0000 so if i want the yoke to be more harder to pull what kinda of numbers do i plug in there to get me started ?

>

Setting sensitivities is fairly simply since 1.0000 is the max value, so to decrease the sensitivity you can reduce the values by 0.5, i.e 0.9500, etc

• Well i'm gaining on it kros, it was my bad ---when you push back with the FMC i wasn't hitting END -i was just slapping on the Park brake and i think that is what was xthreading everything. I tried it 3 times in Palm Springs and seems fine, and i set the sensitivities to 0.8000 for the elevator and ailerons and it sure gives it a nice heavier feel - can't thank you enough for making me understand this handful of a Q400 ha

• Glad you got it sorted out.

Cheers