Overstressing Engines does not result in failure

Hi,

after having reinstalled the Majestic Q400 Pro 2 times, even with a reinstall of P3Dv4, i still get no engine failures from misoperating the aircraft. I can sit on the Runway with full powered engines, Torque values of 120% for an eternity and nothing breaks, is this normal? Oil Temperatures remain nominal etc..

Failures entered in the mjc84 system Panel work correctly (engine failures are not available in the system Panel).
Failures set in P3D dont work. Realism in P3D settings are all set to allow failures/overstressing.

I understand there is the possibility of scripting failures, but that is a different thing than overstressing.
The mjc84.ini is untouched, WearOffFactor=1.0

Is this behaviour normal?

Greetings

Comments

• Good day,

Overstressing youe engines as you mention can have an adverse effect overtime but it's not going to pop up and smack you in the face.

Engine failures are not a part of the pro edition, but are designed for the training edition of our packages.

With a wear-off-factor of 1.0 the likely hood of seeing a failure is low, not impossible but very low. You would be better off setting a value of 100.0 or higher to reap the benefits of operating the aircraft improperly.