Cold & dark script won't load

This is something that happens to me occasionally, but this time I cannot seem to put it right.

I have set the cockpit state in the CPAN to Cold & Dark, pressed Apply and reloaded the aircraft as per the instructions, but the cockpit state script fails to load no matter what I do and the panel is dead. (Default Failures does load though).I have tried switching to a default aircraft and back again, quitting P3D and restarting, and rebooting the PC, but nothing works. Setting the plane to a different script such as ready for takeoff also fails to work. I tried to look at the script file but have no idea what application you need to open an .mgs file.

Aircraft is the latest version of the Majestic Pro for P3D, I use P3Dv4.5 and Windows 10. It was all working fine until today!

Would appreciate any help with this.

Comments

• Has your Windows 10 been updated which could have very well affected the operation of the Q400 within the P3D platform. Un-install and then re-install the aircraft (be sure to backup any files to avoid loosing any changes that you may have made.

• I believe Windows 10 was just updated. I reinstalled the plane as suggested but this has made no difference. Again the Default Failures script loads but the Cockpit State does not. I find the battery switches in the down position but the panel dead. I did copy my previous mjc84.ini file over. Should I try it with the original .ini file? Any other ideas?

• I have run a few checks to see if I can replicate your issue, but I am unable to . Is it possible to provide a video of you changing to a different panel state to show the issue?

• Do you mean a video of me clicking on a panel state radio button, then clicking on the Apply button in the CPAN, then reloading the aircraft and bringing up the VC overhead view? I'm not sure how I would do that. Or using the on-board recorder to show what happens when I switch to the OH panel and try to turn on the battery?

• Also have you applied the latest update?

• Just applied the 1020a and b Pro patches and all good now. The Cockpit State script comes up like a charm .... In all the processes of upgrading from FSX to P3DV4.5 I forgot to apply the MJQ patches (facepalm). Thanks for the nudge!

• I have the same issue, did u fixed it ?

• edited May 2020

Providing more information is always a big help to those of us willing to assist.

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/comment/2675#Comment_2675

Thank you

• This happened to me and was fixed by running the control panel as administrator and making the changes.