Pitch Trim Stuck

Hi,

Why would it be that in P3D 4.5 with the latest hotfixes the pitch trim is stuck all the way UP and there is nothing I can do to move it down? Sometimes it is there on sim startup. Sometimes it’s in the middle take off position but then suddenly goes all the way up. I haven’t had it any other way since updating to the latest hot fixes in 4.5. Flying is uncontrollable with this. I’ve tried it. It has never done this in any other P3D version for me before. Makes no difference if cold and dark cockpit or ready for takeoff or anything. I have assigned pitch trim through P3D Options - Controls the same as I have in every other version of P3D.

How can I resolve this?

Richard

Comments

• Richard,

We have not changed the logic for pitch trim or any other flight Control interface. There could very easily be a conflict with your setup which may be causing issues.

The only things that I can suspect causing issues without seeing you setup would be
    1. Conflicting pitch trim assignments. Not knowing how many input devices you have, could it be that another one be assigned pitch trim parameters as well?

2. This is not a common one and should not even be possible, but this behavior can be exhibited when the autopilot is active on the ground but use of the P3D's default "Z" key. In most cases you should have heard the runaway trim aural warning as the trim was being displaces to full forward.

The only thing I would suggest at this time would be uninstall the Q400 and delete any bindings that you may have created in fsuipc if they were created. Be sure to back up any. Ini entries that you may have created especially for throttle input if using a TQ. Then reinstall the aircraft and start a fresh.

Keep us posted.
  • Hi,

Thanks so much for your advice. Paragraph 1 solved it. Somehow, trim was also assigned to my rudder pedals - buttons 3 and 4. Never thought to check rudder pedals. Where these buttons are are anybody’s guess. Don’t even appear as options in Calibration.

So now trim works perfectly and the Q400 flies beautifully.

Great help!

Richard

• edited April 2020

Hello,

not quite sure if I have the same issue or not, it seems to be slightly different, however any advice for trouble shooting would be highly appreciated, and as it is elevator and trim-related I add it to this post:

Trim is perfectly fine for take-off or in any other phase of manual flight. However, as soon as the Autopilot is engaged - by the respective button in the VC - the elevator gets trimmed fully nose down by the autopilot. The elevator is moving fully up (as can be seen in outside view and on teh PFCS display). I wonder why... No double trim assignments exist, no stuck trim buttons. AFCS by FSX is set 0 in the ini, the flight controls work normally during manual flight... I seem to run out of ideas, what could be the culprit. Any ideas from your side? Plattform is P3D v4.

Thanks in advance,
    Philipp

• Update: Seems the 1020b Update fixed this issue. Don't know what it was, but for the moment it is gone.

• Good to hear you are back on track.

Cheers