Saitek hardware with Q400 and FSUIPC or not ???

Hi all,
I have just installed the Q400, I have read the documentation provided but I cannot configure the Saitek Yoke system properly.
After browsing several topics on the forum, I no longer know whether to use FSUIPC, the Control Panel or a combination of both.

A bizarre problem that I encounter for example, when the engines are started, by turning the yoke the throttle levers move, the throttle-1 goes up while the throttle-2 goes down. If I turn the yoke to the other side, it's the opposite for throttle controllers.
No controller is configured in FSX. Only in FSUIPC.

If someone is using Saitek with the Q400, it would be appreciated to provide me with the settings to apply.

Thank you
Christian

Comments

• Wow, this is a really delayed response. Our apologies.

What you are seeing is not a problem and an intentional design to assist in executing tight turns by applying some asymmetrical thrust as it would be done in the real aircraft. This can be disabled in the mjc84.ini if one chooses to, but you will have to more cognizant of the fact that you need to apply thrust in the direction of the required/desired turn.

Cheers

• Hi Kroswynd,

It is true that since that time I have found many answers to my questions. I quickly understood how throttles work with the use of the tiller.
    For my Saitek, I have good results with FSUIPC for the configuration of the joysticks. I tried with the 125 Hz control but since I use 2 yokes and 2 rudders pedals, only 1 set was recognized. However in Windows all yokes and pedals were well configured.

Thanks
    Christian

• Good to hear.... The use of two yokes and rudder pedals should also be achievable