PFD's no power up other displays faint

After years of joy using the Q400 Pro in P3Dv4 I have now encountered a problem that may be attributed to the latest windows 10 update (I hope). After a flawless 90min leg in the Q400. I exited P3D and did other things. Several days later after win10 had updated to 1909 KB454335, I tried to fly the Q400 but found that the during the normal power-up from cold start, the Pilots and FO's PFD's would not run the self test (and show the green T's) the other displays were very faint and unreadable. After trying several times to start again, with the same result, I did an uninstall/reinstall ...again to the previous mjc8-q400-Pro-1_020bx64 release. This DID NOT FIX the problem but remains the same. I have P3Dv4.5 excluded from my Kaspersky monitoring and disabled it during the reinstall.

Are there similar issues reported after the Win 10 update?, if not, please offer any suggestions to get my beloved Q400 in the air again.

Steve

Comments

• http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/628/mfd-panels-faded-and-fms-not-turning-on-after-update#latest

By the way, I went back to the previous version, so it's good if you still have these installers. I hadn't followed up on whether the problem had been fixed in the meantime. Maybe that's your problem right now.

• Thanks FrPre. I am pleased to say I have the Q400 up and running. After a whole day devoted to a fix I found that the latest Win 10 update had changed Admin rights to some files that included those accessed by the Q400. they were listed under the Event viewer as CLID and APPID ("The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID" ) I found a fix on YouTube were I had to change some registry values to again allow access and restore Admin rights. Apparently this is a common problem after Win 10 updates but only affects some Users.

Thanks again for your help and suggestion.

• @SteveS

The issue your describe particular to a Win10 update is not a common one. User normally report protection issues similar to that of not having the gears visible or indications on the ED being garbled, or the propellers showing a flat pitch with the engines off.

If you'd like you can share the steps you took which may be helpful to another user experiencing the same issue.

Cheers

• I had similar problem and after downloading again latest patch (1.20b) and installing again (not needed uninstalling) it was solved.