Smoke effect missing ?

[error.0]
error=Failed to load visual effect "mjc_cockpit_smoke"
That's the error from P3D V4.5
No such file in my Effects Folder. Am i the only to see that ?
Great Plane, a pleasure to fly and to learn, just a few things to do in cockpit sharing in relation with pitch trim ...

Comments

• The only - ONLY - way you see this is if you have content errors active in P3Dv4.5.
    Why do you insist on activating something that is only for developers?
    My recommendation is to close that box, as is standard, and never open it again!

• You can simply ignore this file as it does not pertain to the version which you own. What are the issues you have with the pitch trim, or there are no issues?

• Hi,

This option is NOT ONLY for developers. It's also for users, who want to check the quality of their installation. If you add liveries for example, you might make an error (as making errors is human). If you install add-ons from other developers, you can check if they have done their job well. And errors in this log show always, that there is something not configured according to the rules. In most cases the simulator handles this and ignores these errors.

And if you ever turn the option in the "General -> Simulation Settings Screen" to on, you will be astonished, how many errors will be shown. Each has a minimum potential for unpredictable behavior of the simulator.

And I am sure, Majestic will change this after this valuable hint in future releases, as they deliver very good software quality.

Rgds
    Reinhard

• Rubbish! There's nothing in need of fixing. Thank you for confirming use of an irrelevant button, and your complete misunderstanding of who its for!
    It is not intended for users, no matter your erroneous thinking on the subject. You should now turn it off, and i would advise no further use, ever. Then it won't be a problem, will it...?

• OK this stops here!!

Regardless of whether it may be for developers or not, if users find its usefulness for other troubleshooting issues the more the merrier. It serves purposes for many.

@picard
    Regarding the MJC side, this error will not affect the use of the Q400.

@aua668
    The feature does have the potential to expose items that could be problematic, which most developers or painters, etc may catch on to. Granted the average simmer does not implement its use, but sometimes a good place to start.

@snave
    Agreed used by most developers, but I for one don't really use it unless something as gone to hell in hand basket.

In the grand scheme of things.....Lets all get along