Nose wheel up too fast at t/o

Hello ,

The CG is correctly centered with the CPAN, the trim is set near the first white mark, however as soon as the plane picks up speed, ie 70-80 kts, the nose wheel lifts and the tiller is no longer effective. The plane tends to take off before I pull on the yoke.

Am i doing something incorrect?

Thanks
Christian

Comments

• Maybe, you can scan an picture from your load situation, calculated takeoff speeds and trim.

• edited April 2020
    1. As the previous poster mentioned a pic of your wt and balance page from the CPAN may help us in better understanding the issue.

2. During your issue are you able to look at the pitch trim indicator to see its position.

3. The tiller is no longer effective after 40 knots as there is enough wind flowing over the rudder. So your rudder authority should be effective, unless you are using the auto rudder switch which may limit your authority.

4 a somewhat rudimentary question but are your input devices properly calibrated?

Keep us posted

Cheers.
  • Hi Kroswynd,

1- I can send a photo of CPAN but I tried the settings that you indicated in the post http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/comment/1588

2- The trim elevator is at the very beginning of the white zone so as not to hear the alarm

3- Yes you are right, I use the rudder quickly on takeoff because I feel that the wheel seems to leave the ground quickly. I'm sure because if I push the controls the plane's nose lowers to the ground

4- Yes the calibration is done and is OK

I will retest as soon as possible.
    Thank you
    Christian

• Hi Kroswynd,

I decided to migrate to Windows 10 and re-install everything, the first flight seems without problem, take-off went more normally.

I will try the settings you suggested to see if everything is going well.

Thank you
    Christian

• I kinda feel you a little. I have come to just accept the fact that this is a very tail-heavy aircraft by nature and handle it accordingly. I tend to load it fairly nose-heavy and then on top of that also keep my T/O trim as far nose down as it'll let me without ringing the bells. That way it doesn't start lifting off on me long before V1 and I get good pitch control out of it on takeoff although trimming nose down like a maniac going through about 1000' AGL. If I load the aircraft with the CG well centered as opposed to nose heavy it will want to pitch up quite badly on departure and sometimes lift off early which seems to depend on total takeoff mass.
    I have read conflicting statemens around here on whether this is by design or not, but since it's a consistent thing for me I've just embraced it and handle it as a very tail-heavy aircraft and that's working fine.

• Hi all,
    This is very strange. I take care to load the aicraft so the centre of gravity is near the 100 mark on the loading page. Trim in t/o position. Flaps 5 or 10
    When I do this, the aiplane flies itself off the ground some 10 kts after vrot. I suppose it must have to do something with the loading. I use P3D V4, Pro64 ed.

Gert

• 10 knots after Vr the aircraft will want to fly so it's not uncommon. Showing a video clip of your experience may help us to better analyze your issue, as I am sure that its maybe related to a configuration issue.

Cheers

• @kroswynd said:
    10 knots after Vr the aircraft will want to fly

That actually puts it quite well I would say. Add to that some gusty winds to the nose and possibly Vspeeds that are off by a knot or two and it takes off on you with all the acceleration it does have. I find things happen quite quickly around V1/Vr in this particular aircraft.