P3d Install Issue (Creating FSX folder in P3d)

Hi,

Bit of an issue installing into P3d . I've upgraded from the FSX 32 bit version which has worked fine in the past in FSXSE. The installer from Just Flight (1.020 Pilot) won't find my P3d folder, and when I point it to the folder, it creates a FSX directory in the P3d directory.

When I copy the files to the P3d directory, the plane loads and gauges etc. appear to function but I get the 'must use P3d gauges' warning on load, I just feel something isn't right and I don't want to get an hour into a flight to find out.

Anyone seen this before? I've heard that I can use the 1.01 installer and update, but can't find this installer anywhere to retrofit the upgrade.

Any help from those out there would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Hello,

Are you upgrading to P3D v3.3 or higher which is staying within the 32bit platform? Or are you upgrading to P3D v4.x which is the 64bit version, which you will have to purchase if intending to use the 64bit version of P3D v4

Cheers

• Yeah I'm using a newer 64bit P3D Version

I've definitely paid for the 64bit version. Specifically "Majestic Software Dash 8 Q400 PILOT Edition (for P3D v4)" From Just Flight, as an upgrade from my FSX 32bit edition I was using in FSXSE Previously, so I believe I'm using the correct edition for my Sim.

Thanks

• Hi, this is an issue I've been having as well, I upgraded from FSX to the 64bit PRO from simmarket. The initial install created a FSX folder even though I am running the 64 bit version. I copied the files into the folder a level above. I also get that gauge error (gauge must be used with P3D v4) - I'm running it on v5 so up until now I figured it was something that will be fixed with the new installer.

• I've done exactly the same thing, used it for about 2-3 hours now and appears to be working pretty well. Happy with that, as it's a great package and I've never had any running issues with it. Cheers

• The issue that you are having I have seem but just simply point the installer to your intended path and after hitting next just delete the "\Microsoft Flight Simulator X" and continue with the installation.

Keep us posted.