Pro Edition - Questions/Observations

I haven't flown the Majestic Q400 in a few months. I've observed the following, and was wondering if anyone else could confirm, or offer suggestions to resolve (all observations in P3D v4.5 w/HF2):

1) Using the Pro Edition V1.02, during GSX2 pushback, the main gear/forward gear wheels do not roll (act like the brakes are on, but they're not). Also, the nose wheel steering does not rotate relative to the tug. I don't recall this issue using the previous Pilot Edition nor recall seeing this when I updated to Pro last December.

I searched the FSDT Forum and could not find this issue/observation over on that forum.

2) Last night, I added both the 1.02a and 1.02b updates.

The 1.02a update will not allow me to deselect the HUD through the Control Panel...it stays visible whether the HUD is selected or not via Control Panel.

3) The 1.02b update has caused several CTD's, specifically when trying to load the Q400 aircraft directly from the menu (not pre-selecting a default aircraft). Success rate pre-selecting a default aircraft was about 50/50 with respect to CTD. The actual CTD was being caused by AFLT (SimObjects).exe.

Uninstalling the Q400 and re-installing only the base 1.02 and I do lomger have CTD's.

Currently remaining on the base 1.02 version.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Hey mate,

all I can really add here is that my experience with CTDs has been somewhat opposite, albeit in FSX: Selecting the Q400 from the menu was a gamble with 1.02, on 1.02b it works without issues. I in fact now have it loaded as my standard flight with my displays spread across two screens, something that wasn't possible for me to do on 1.02 at all. I think this is at its core a simulator problem.
    Also can't confirm the HUD thing, the option works effectively over here.

• Thanks for the feedback! I was just trying to confirm if anyone else had experienced these issues or if I need to dig deeper with my system.
    Fortunately, with the exception of the 1.02b update, the plane is still perfectly flyable for me.
    I did repeat these installations/updates 3 times to confirm my observations before I posted this. The AFLT CTD's has me baffled...haven't encountered this with any of my other add-ons (I'm actually reluctant to upgrade to P3D v5 right now because v4 is working so well!),

• OK...so a little more investigation today...

Today, I installed the 1.02a update on top of the base install. Rebooted my PC, edited the Control Panel and the HUD was gone! Progress!!!

I did the same thing with the 1.02b update, A/V off, install, reboot, enter/edit the Control Panel and P3D booted up with no issues.

I'm thinking that installing the 1.02a and 1.02b together may have been causing issues on my system.

So far, so good!

I still have not been able to resolve the GSX2 pushback issues...tires still do no rotate and the front steering does not rotate with the tug.

I then installed the freighter model file (mjc-q400f_ext.MDL) and the issue with the HUD is back. The only way I can eliminate the HUD is to switch between a freighter/non-freighter variant. The Control Panel HUD select/deselect doesn't seem to work with the freighter MDL file...which I don't understand since this should be an exterior MDL file. No big deal...at least I know now what is causing this issue.

If anyone has any ideas on the GSX pushback, I would appreciate input to resolve this.

Thanks in advance!

• There will be some limitations with gsx regarding the Q400, bear in mind the the simulation platform is merely used as graphical interface as all the flight and ground handling is done outside of the Sim.

Updates are cumulative so even if (a) was not installed (b) will make all changes from the previous.

The freighter version if you noticed required some manual intervention, as this was an after thought which is not frequently used by many as there aren't many freighter operators of the Q400.

Cheers