Unusually slow motion

edited May 2020 in Customer support

For some reason, it feels as if the aircraft is running half it's normal speed. For example, 15 knot taxi feels like it's going 5. 40 knot's feels like 15. And takeoff roll felt unusually long. 1100 FPM descent rate is more about 600 FPM after i timed it. Flying 5NM feels abnormally slow at 200 knots compared to every other aircraft i have.

My simulation rate is set to normal, and since my last flight i've updated to windows 10 build 2004, Got a new yoke/rudder set and reinstalled the sim entirely. Switched from FSXWX to ASP3D. I havent really changed anything else besides those. What could be causing this odd slowmotion effect? I've ordered an SSD but i doubt my HDD could be causing the issue?

Comments

• Update: Turns out it's simulator wide, possibly windows update 2004. In process of reinstalling right now.

• RESOLVED: It turns out windows 10 build 2004 wasn't playing nice with FS. Not sure if it was due to a corrupted install, full reinstall is required, or what, but 1909 build works well. 2004 does not, on my end.

• Thanks for the info regarding the update. Hopefully this is not a show stopper for all the PCs that will be updated here in the near future.