Dash8 slowed down in time

Hello,
I'm not sure when it started but my dash timings are really slow. It fly fine and like normal but the clock runs at half time and things like starting/spooling up the engines take longer than they would normally. It also seems more difficult to steer on the ground. as if the n/w steering is delayed?? i have the latest version of dash and p3dv4 hf2?

Comments

• Hello,

Have you checked the RATE within the SIM, sounds like the RATE make have been slowed down to 1/2 or 1/4. This would be the first place to check based on what you are describing.

• Hi thanks, yeah i only sim in normal time. I use Aivlasoft EFB Data provider in order to keep my sim at the real time. fault only occurs with the dash aswell :(

1. Have you attempted as a test running the Q400 without any third party addons.
    2. Have you messed with any of the default timing setting within the CPAN?
  • Nope.
    I've just updated to the latest HF for 4.5 so will see if its improved or remained the same

• edited June 2020

Well you have changed the the default setting of the CPAN, in your image the REFRESH RATE is FAST, try slow and see if the result is the same.

Another question the I may have for gotten to ask was - were there any changes made in the mjc84.ini, and if so what items did you change.

If you have not made any significant changes, then I would suggest un-installing the aircraft and the re-installing, starting with everything from a default state.

Keep us posted.

• Hey,
    sorry i didn't realise the "cpan" was to do with the time.
    changed it back to slow and it made no change.
    Completely uninstalled and reinstalled and have the same issue still.

I will try and get a video tomorrow of the issue
    I think also the caution/warning lights are flashing at half speed

• Any more ideas?

• edited June 2020

Well the cpan has additional features that can allow for manipulating timer sources within the addon.

In your cpan it looks like you are currently set to the QUEUE Timer, I will suggest that you set it to MULTIMEDIA timer and run the test again.

Out of curiosity are you running the latest windows 10 update (2004)?

Keep us posted.

• Hello, i have the same problem and, yes this problem start after i did the update for win 10 2004.

• edited June 2020
    From the tests that I have conducted after updating my laptop to win 10 2004 I was able to observe the issue reported by the OP, had it not been for this I would not have been able to offer it as a suggestion.

This is one of the reasons that we recommend that users try to be as descriptive as possible when seeking assistance.

However, give that a try and see if it addresses the issue.

Keep us posted... Thx
  • Okay, when there is any ideaia for the solution of the issue please post here. I'll be following the post to know what we can do to solve or if Majestic will publish a service pack. Thank you very much

• We will post an update when we have determined v5 will work as intended with the Q400. Since we are not providing support for v5 at this time, it would be best to advise if the solution that was recommended worked for you, as the Q400 will still work.
  • edited June 2020

I'll have to get back you sorry. I can't even get my sim to open right now!! Been trying since Saturday!

Yes I am using windows 10 2004. I'm sorry i didn't mention that.

Kind regards

Mark

EDIT

Nevermind it decided to start up today!

Yes changing to multimedia timer appears to have fixed it.

Thank you for you assistance

• Yes, i was change to multimedia and everthing run fine. Thanks

• thank you for the update

• Hello guys i have the same issue here from HF1 and HF2** now**
    I found the solution on the control panel as say the @kroswynd
    I change FDE TO FSX SYNC : ENABLED and problem solved no slow motion any more happy flying! :smiley:

• Good to know that resolved your specific issue, thank you for the heads up
  • After updating to Win 10 2004, my Q400 (mjc8-400-Pro-1_021_x64) running on P3DV4.5 (4.5.14.34698) slowed to a snail's pace.

After two gruelling 380nm 2.5-hour flights, I found this thread.

Switching from Queue Timer to Multimedia Timer brought back the Q400 I know and love!

Thanks!

• Yes the windows 2004 has created some challenges for the Q400 which caused us to switch to using the multimedia timer instead of the queue timer.
  • edited August 2020

@kroswynd I am running the MJC400 PRO Edition in P3D v4.5 with HF3 on Windows 10 with the 2004 update.

With the Queue Timer, I see the slow down that is being reported here. About half normal speed. The ND shows the time remaining, in minutes, to the next nav point, in the top right corner of the display. Using a stop watch, you can confirm that when 1 minute elapses on the ND, it is very close to 30 seconds on the stopwatch, confirming roughly half speed.

Based on this thread, I changed from the Queue Timer to the Multimedia Timer. Whilst this did improve the speed of the Q400 simulation, I noticed that it actually appears a bit too fast. Using the ND's time remaining to the next nav point again as the guide, and using the stopwatch, I observed that 1 minute elapsing on the ND is equivalent to about 38 seconds on the stopwatch.

It is the same result whether FDE Sync is enabled, or not. With sync on, it is roughly 38 seconds each time 1 minute elapses on the nav display. And with sync off it still also roughly 38 seconds each time 1 minute elapses on the nav display.

I am not sure if others are seeing the same. I am similarly not sure if the Q400 is in fact working correctly at 1:1 speed and the nav display might also be working correctly; merely doing it's best approximation to show the time remaining to the next nav point, even if it is only taking around 38 seconds for each minute it shows. However, that said, I do recall prior to the Windows 2004 update being able to rely on the ND showing the time remaining to the next nav point quite accurately. In fact, I used to get up, walk away from the VC, and make a coffee, with full confidence that the ND timer was accurately showing me the time remaining to the next point.

So, is it just me seeing this "increase" in speed with the Multimedia Timer? Or can you (or anyone else) also confirm experiencing the same?

(I am hoping that if this is actually an issue then there will be a patch update to correct it?)

• edited August 2020

-= SOLVED =-

@kroswynd OK, I think you can ignore my previous post above. It seems that I was a complete idiot and should have known better. I was using the stopwatch and doing timing shortly after takeoff. Whilst the aircraft had indeed turned to the correct heading toward the nav point, the aircraft was also in a climb, and was accelerating. For the timing on the nav display to accurately represent the exact time remaining to the next nav point, the aircraft must (obviously) not be climbing, and must not be accelerating. Instead, it should be in level flight, and at constant speed.

Oops. I feel like a bit of an idiot. I guess I was just in a rush, changing the timer and changing the sync in the Control Panel, loading up, testing, changing again, loading up, testing again ... all in quick succession one after another ... that I forgot that basic principal.

The clincher was when I realised the CHR (chronograph) and also the alignment counter at aircraft powerup (from cold and dark) were working spot on correctly, with each of those showing one second in the sim being one second in actual real time. Based on that, it occurred to me that the Dash 8 was doing timing correctly and that I had been a silly person who had not realised one needs to be in level and stable flight for the ND to correctly display the time remaining to the next nav point.

Short version ... the Multimedia timer DOES work for me, just the same as it appears to be working for others too.

• Thanks for the heads up. Anything is possible as far as possible glitches, which we think for the most part we have been able to identify, but there can always be individual cases which have different outcomes for users

Cheers.
  • edited August 2020

👍

• edited August 2020

@UAL277 said:
    After updating to Win 10 2004, my Q400 (mjc8-400-Pro-1_021_x64) running on P3DV4.5 (4.5.14.34698) slowed to a snail's pace.

After two gruelling 380nm 2.5-hour flights, I found this thread.

Switching from Queue Timer to Multimedia Timer brought back the Q400 I know and love!

Thanks!

Completely the same on my end. Switched to Multimedia Timer in CPAN and the problem was solved.

System:
    SIM: P3Dv4.5 HF3 Academic (4.5.14.34698) - Client only
    A/C: MJC84-1021B as shown at startup in the standby instrument

Regards
    Michael

• I had the same problem recently with P3D v3! I activated the timer, and it only ran at half the normal speed. Not only that, but the fuel flow was also half of what it should be according to the fuel flow indicator. Switching from Queue Timer to Multimedia Timer solved this issue, so you should also switch if you want to achieve realistic consumption values.

I also use Win10 build 2004, and I found this thread after I noticed the problem. I never had it with Win7. I am glad that making changes to timer settings solves it, but what did Microsoft do with Win10 in the update that the timer doesn't work correctly when using the Queue Timer? The annoying thing is that you never know if a Win10 update will potentially break anything, and what it will be...

• Hi Everyone

We had the same issue with the Windows 10 update changing the timer in CPN Solved the issue. The post of Afterburner helped me a lot

Many thanks

The Captain

• edited October 2020

seems like Windows 2004 has a lot to answer for. Same for me today...but not the last few days....yesterday and since clean install I have been using the Media Timer without any issues. Today, I am flying at half speed....this makes no sense.... Now selected Queue Timer and all good...I was wondering why my engines were taking so long to spool up.

• Windows 2004 has been a challenge for many users and developers alike. I think there has been a recent update which may have allowed for the Queue Timer to be functional once more. I have not been able to test lately as I have been quite busy with my everyday job, but will have a look hopefully over the weekend.

Thanks for the heads up

Cheers

• Hi all,
    I have the same problem after Windows 10 updates but with the FSX version. The proposed solution seems to have worked well too.

Thank you
    Christian

• Happy new year to you all. Am running fsx on windows 10 as well. Have the same problem as stated above sim is running slow on start almost half speed. Tried the above solution changing from QUEUE TIMER to MULTIMEDIA TIMER with no change. Been trying to fix this for over a month now no luck. any advise ?

Thanks in advance

• edited January 2021

When you make the change in the CPAN are you clicking on APPLY button and RELOADING the aircraft within the simulator? These steps must be made for the changes can be made.

Cheers

• Hello,

I had been doing this but nothing was changing so had to uninstall(using the control panel) and reinstall but then I noticed it wasn't actually uninstalling as you could still load the a/c even though it showed gone on the control panel. Long story short a manual delete of the file did the trick and I did a reinstall.

Thanks for the quick response as always .

• OK, so from the sounds of it everything is working as it ought to now.

Keep us posted

• I do see that this is an old post, but the queue timer setting seems to make everything slow, and should be looked into. Had a longer flight today that would take 4 hours, ended up taking 6 hours due to the queue timer setting. Switching over to Multimedia timer also fixed it for me.

• The Queue Timer at this time remains to be non-functional until a Microsoft update addresses the issue.

• Let's contact Microsoft about this issue and see how quickly, errr slowly they will address it :D

• Well we began to but noticed that there were many other complaints by development companies expressing their gripes as well.

• Thank you so much for this thread - I thought I was going crazy but multimedia timer fixed this problem for me

• Hopefully if MSoft addresses this issue it can go back to its normal process.

• Hello,

The multimedia timer temporarily fixed the issues on my end until a few weeks ago. Now, the plane would suddenly stop on the ground or midair when my sim slightly hangs (ReShade screenshot/scenery loading), no matter which timer I use.

I have the x32 version.