A question and bug report

edited June 2020 in General

Hello everybody!
I have been enjoying flight with mjcq400 since I install it,
and found some bugs exist, which affects directly in flight.

Before listing them, I have a question about operating Approach mode, shown in NAV page after an approach is programmed.
I use it when making RNAV and VORDME approaches.
I usually do ILS approaches so I rarely use them.
How should it be done according to real life procedures?
And co-pilot's approach mode is engaged by itself even if I don't engage it when approaching,
is it normal and same as real aircraft?

I'm using the latest version of this product, and using prepar3d 4.5 3rd hotfix.

1. Sometimes, elevator or rudder doesn't work, yoke or rudder pedal is also frozen.
    Even tiller is frozen at times, isn't moved by joystick.
    as many users reported, gear lever doesn't work as well.
    One of those issues appears occasionally.
    this is solved when reloading the scenario, but it cancelled several flights :(

2. Fuel pump switch goes off by itself.
    I found that it is not related to any wrong key assignments, I see it going off even if I don't press any keys.

3. When undocking any instruments, (like PFD, FMS etc) , HUD appears by itself without HGS glass is down.

Thank you,

Comments

• edited June 2020

Do you mean the functions ARM APPR, TUNE APPR and ACT APPR on the NAV page? If you keep in mind which function does what, you can of course also use it for an ILS or LOC approach, because ARM APPR checks, among other things. also the function of the required sensors. With ACT APPR "you clean up your ND", ie you delete all waypoints between your current position and the CF / FACF, important in order to have and use the routing appropriately in the case of a GA without having to "clean up" first if ACT APPR is not automatic. So I use it that way, whether it's real, I don't know, but it may not be mandatory. Whether the FO ACT APPR is activated on its own or taken over by the captain, no idea, but there are phases when flying on a planned routing (no vectoring), because these modes are automatically activated depending on the distance or waypoint (inbound CF / FACF).

• @sputnik8079 said:
    Hello everybody!

I'm using the latest version of this product, and using prepar3d 4.5 3rd hotfix.

1. Sometimes, elevator or rudder doesn't work, yoke or rudder pedal is also frozen.
      Even tiller is frozen at times, isn't moved by joystick.
      as many users reported, gear lever doesn't work as well.
      One of those issues appears occasionally.
      this is solved when reloading the scenario, but it cancelled several flights :(

2. Fuel pump switch goes off by itself.
      I found that it is not related to any wrong key assignments, I see it going off even if I don't press any keys.

3. When undocking any instruments, (like PFD, FMS etc) , HUD appears by itself without HGS glass is down.

Thank you,

1. Which flight control system are you using? Are you using the P3D control binding process, or are you using the 125Hz control (if you are a PRO user)? Performing a flight control check prior to taking the runway should help to alleviate this issue, but there certainly would seem to be an underlying issue with your flight control binding.

2. This is an issue we are well aware of, but will be addressed at a later date.

3. This issue we have not come across. Occasionally the HUD indications may appear on the CA windshield, which simply requires putting the HUD down and back up. We do not have a fix for this issue at the moment.

• Thank you for your response. I'm using Pro version. I don't know exactly what 125Hz control is, but I didn't make any different settings after installed, so it seems for me not to be using it.

• Are you using P3Ds interface for binding your controls, or might you be using fsuipc? Either or is fine although fsuipc tends to offer some better precision for binding knobs, switches and axii.

P3D interface with the Q400 tends to have some lag which is oe of the reason we implemented the 125 hz configuration, although it may seem to be a bit cumbersome for setup, once it is configured it provides a better simming experience.

In the mean time trying to find what may be causing the loss of flight Control usage needs to be addressed. It may sound silly, but have to attempted to unplug the USB hum or the device which fails to function and plug back in to see it the flight controls come back online?

• Thanks, understood well about the 125hz control, and applied it right before. It makes a little deviation from center, calibration is needed seemingly. May I know how to compensate it?

And thank you for your advice. I will do as you mentioned, and make further comment after seeing the result.