"Alt Disagree"

Hey all,

For the first time ever, I loaded up the Pilot edition of the Dash into P3DV4, and out of nowhere, I got an "ALT DISAGREE" warning on the PFD. I tried shutting the plane down (including batteries off), and the problem would not go away. I've also checked to make sure the cap/fo QNH are tied together. I've been remiss to fire things back up again, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue, and what I might be able to do about it. Thanks!

Comments

• Upon getting the message did you attempt to look at the CA and FO altimeters to see if they did agree/disagree? Reloading the aircraft should correct this issue, if not have a look in your mjc84. Ini and verify if the baro_sync switch is set to 1.

If this still fails, you may have to uninstall them reinstall. Just out of quriosity have to installed the new win 10 update 2004?
  • Fyi, I also got it once and on win10 2004 using queued timer. The alt were the same and was on sync on in the ini

• I have installed the latest Windows 2004 and had not suffered this issue until today, having completed several flights without incident.

I had the Alt disagree problem at EGSH (Norwich Airport- 117ft AMSL).

Capt Altimeter was set to 1019 local QNH value which produced a NEG -40 feet.

Stby and FO's set to the same QNH value of 1019 produced the correct ALT - approx 115 feet AMSL at EGSH airport.

Not sure if this would make any difference but I powered up the FO's FMC first today and then the Capts.

.ini file settings:

PRESSURE_HPA_UNITS=1
    ; 1 to syncronize pilot and copilot side altimeter settings
    PFD_QNH_SYNC=1
    AFCS_FSX_SYNC=1

Rgds

Ken

• While this is not a common issue, we have seen it pop its head up a few times, but primarily since the Win 2004 update issue.

Are yo able to reproduce the issue at this airport each time? If so, were you able to rectify it based on changing back to the Queue Timer?

Cheers