To purchase or not...

Hi All,

I can't find a positive (official) answer to my question from a search. I'm thinking of purchasing for the first time and already own a copy of P3Dv5. I know that it's not officially supported yet which is fine, I'd just like to know if I were to purchase right now, would there be a cost to upgrading when P3Dv5 compatibility is available. Last thing I want to do is buy and then find myself stuck buying again.

Thanks

Phill

Comments

• No cost, but you have to own a copy that is P3D suitable. NOT FSX.

Hotfix 2 for P3D v5 has just been released...
    https://prepar3d.com/news/announcements/2020/06/116953/

There is no version for P3dV5 HF2, yet.

• @snave said:
    No cost, but you have to own a copy that is P3D suitable. NOT FSX.

Hotfix 2 for P3D v5 has just been released...
    https://prepar3d.com/news/announcements/2020/06/116953/

There is no version for P3dV5 HF2, yet.

Thanks for the reply. I'm in no rush for P3Dv5 compatibility, it was more a case of getting locked into an older version by purchasing now if the intention was to make the next update paid :smile:

• We have not made a final determination regarding upgrade cost if any, at the moment, as there are few things that are being re-evaluated at the moment.

HF2 is not the knight in shining amour for us at the moment as we have a few issues still pending with the CPAN that are a result of some changes that LM made so we are hoping to see them regimplemented if possible, or we are going to have to do the dreadful redesign/recode rodeo.

I wouldn't let this stop this from yu from purchasing, as the aircraft does work with v5.

Cheers
  • @kroswynd said:
    We have not made a final determination regarding upgrade cost if any, at the moment, as there are few things that are being re-evaluated at the moment.

HF2 is not the knight in shining amour for us at the moment as we have a few issues still pending with the CPAN that are a result of some changes that LM made so we are hoping to see them regimplemented if possible, or we are going to have to do the dreadful redesign/recode rodeo.

I wouldn't let this stop this from yu from purchasing, as the aircraft does work with v5.

Cheers

Thank you for your honesty! I have in fact already taken the leap and gone with the pilot edition to start out my turboprop adventures :smile: I am very pleased so far! (as if there was any doubt haha)

It's a shame to hear you're having issues with the CPAN due to LM. As you've said the aircraft works in v5 I presume these issues do not affect the weight/balance or general operations of the aircraft? I'm a developer myself (not sim) so I feel your pain with the prospect of a recode!

All the best and thanks again for the response!

Phill

• TBH - the CPAN issue is not a big deal as such (well technically it isn't) in that it's still functional just that one basically has to make the adjustments and the RELOAD the SIMULATOR instead of reloading the aircraft. This, however, does not apply to the weight and balance page which still pushes the aircraft loading directly into the simulator.

We are glad to hear that you are enjoying the PILOT edition. If you are not a hardcore simmer and prefer the simpler pleasures of life the PILOT Edition will suffice. The PRO offers more functionality system-wise and a few additional features.

Cheers

• @kroswynd said:
    TBH - the CPAN issue is not a big deal as such (well technically it isn't) in that it's still functional just that one basically has to make the adjustments and the RELOAD the SIMULATOR instead of reloading the aircraft. This, however, does not apply to the weight and balance page which still pushes the aircraft loading directly into the simulator.

We are glad to hear that you are enjoying the PILOT edition. If you are not a hardcore simmer and prefer the simpler pleasures of life the PILOT Edition will suffice. The PRO offers more functionality system-wise and a few additional features.

Cheers

I may upgrade once I'm used to the aircraft. Its obviously very different so it's going to take some time to learn.

One thing I am having an issue with is the CPAN. I know v5 isn't supported yet, but you did say the weight and balance page worked. It seems I'm having some difficulty with it. Nothing seems to happen to the fuel on board when I click Send Data To Flightsim. I'm stuck with 5320KG. I don't know if it's related but I also get an error about "This guage can only be used with P3D v+ and above during startup. Any advice so I can get going?

Thanks so much!

• Ignore me! I started the control panel before the aircraft was loaded into the sim. Noob

Thanks again for all the support and advice! :smile:

• edited June 2020

If anyone is on the fence, the Majestic Q400 Pro has overtaken the 737NGXU as my most flown sim aircraft. Combined with FS2Crew, I couldn't ask for a better experience.