Tiller control

Well,
I can't stand this spoiler tiller control.
Wish I could just use my tiller wheel and not the spoiler.
All my PMDG, Q787, Wilco e jets, 1 and 2. Captain Sim and other are able to do that.

I have use this Majestic q400 only 2 to 5 present of the time.
tried to get used to, stopped using it, just gave it another shot and still HATE, HATE HATE this tiller control way.....I could keep going....
but time forbids...

Would I recomend someone not to buy? no..im not that kind..
Would I recomend someone to buy? no.. i wouldn't.

That's why I'm here and not in another forum...

So far PMDG still one of my most active addons....

this could be more active..but i dont even want to see it anymore..

OK, i vented....

Have a great day you all!

Comments

• edited July 2018

Can't you assign your tiller wheel to the spoiler axis when you fly the Q400? I just use the aileron axis, not lucky enough to have money to spend on a dedicated tiller. I wonder if there is a way to assign a tiller axis using the 125 Hz controls?

• Bought a board with rotary and digital/analog inputs, I added my home made tiller wheel.
    Made a big difference moving all aircraft around.

• edited August 2018

Well there are several responses that one could provide based on your vent but we appreciate your venting. Having a favorite aircraft developer is no big deal and you are free to express yourself, however I would use caution in how you go about doing so as I will tolerate only so much of a specific behavior. I am sure that there are many others who share your sentiments regarding our product. You are not the first and more than likely will not be the last. However - Welcome to the Majestic Software forums

Initially when we designed/developed the Q400 the spoiler axis was the most practical....since then there are several other options that could be applied, however we MJC have kept the spoiler axis as the binding command to the tiller.

There are work arounds for the issue which appears to be getting under your skin. The use of FSUIPC is one that is commonly used among the flight sim community and eliminates conflicts with other aircraft providing one develops a specific profile per each aircraft.

Cheers

• edited August 2018

I have it assigned to the spoiler axis, whic in turn assigned to a slider on my Saitek x52 pro, via FSUIPC. Eezzy peezy..... particularly as you only use it for sharp turns when taxiing.

Ignoring this aircraft over this, is absurd.

I have struggled with the Dash on many levels.... setting the 125 hz controls up, the cpan app that you use to calibrate controls, disabling controls in FSUIPC (except spoiler and trim), the awful FMC, and the terribly difficult landing techniques, the wierd VNAV system ...... and all the tweaks in the ini file for Prop Was, Turbulence etc.

...... BUT, having finally got to grips with it, I LOVE it..... AND I am about to purchase FS2Crew so I can actually do the full monty with checklists and what have you.

Keep at it.

Yes it is not great out of the box, granted. You have to mess with ini files etc etc., but it is worth it.

Best thing about the Dash, is that as it is hands on, there is always something to do, and it is designed for short flights.... so you never get bored.

747 stuff is all well and good, but basically I - like many - take off, hit AP at 400 ft AGL, and go to the shops........ When I get back 3 hours later, I set landing flaps, lower the gear, and it lands itself. Hell, I had an EJet 175 that even braked itself at the end of the runway... all I needed to do was taxi to the rank !

Nuff said.

• Home cockpit, with mix of hardware.
    Standard controls to jump to diverse aircraft and enjoy their individual cockpits/environment.

• To all that replied, thank you for taking your time to do so.

Been able to sit and just out of the blue decide what type of plane will I fly without many changes is ideal.

Yes I have not taken my time to fully explore FSUIPC and probably I will see how it can assign controls to only individual aircraft.

I tried Assigning tiller wheel to spoiler and deactivate my spoiler on my Throttle control and it does the fairly well. (don't like doing that back and forward)

As far is the model goes it is a very well done graphics.
    I have not fully explore all as I mentioned before out of frustration trying to taxi with spoiler.

I been using flight sims for a while, my hands are used to treat the spoiler as a spoiler.

Reading you all replies was a positive pleasant experience.

So my most sincere "thank you"

You all have a great day.

• I’ve only done one flight in it. Have yet to read the manual. Greased the landing. So far I’m impressed. The amount of work that must have gone into creating it.........wow. I’m sure once I actually know what I’m doing I’ll appreciate even more
  • I am going to vent too. What a ridiculous complaint. The Q400 is one of the best flying aircraft I have used and I have been a simmer and real life pilot for almost 30 years.

• Let me Revent...
    Nice, good for you!
    Me too, sim is not the only way I flown.

Honestly, by now I would thing this post would be gone.

Ridiculous?
    Well...

Have a great day.
    Over!
  • OK, this is driving me nuts... I never had a problem with this before... I just rebuilt my P3D V3 from scratch... then reinstalled the Dash... try as I might in either P3D/controls or FSUIPC I cannot get the tiller (I have a rocker/slider on my throttle) to assign. How did you guys do it?

• Try assigning it to spoilers at the Flight Sim controls menu.
    You have to disable it anytime you switch planes.
    Meaning you have to go back and forth when you fly it again.

Hope it works for you.

My apologies if I misunderstood your question.