Tiller set up P3D

Hi,

After going through beta test and release of the 747 and 737 for PMDG I have an axis on my HOTAS controller set up as a tiller axis in P3D (v4 and v5). I am using the axis steering set option under the P3D controller axis set up. I works well for both the PMDG and the FSL aircraft.

Will it be possible to get the Q400 to recognize this set up so it can be used as a tiller in P3D going forward?

Comments

• I agree the tiller axis does work well for the fslabs and PMDG aircraft.

We may reconsider this but it is a low priority at this time.

Cheers
  • I have the slider axis on a Warthog HOTAS thottle unit set up as the tiller and I remember it works well, a little sensitive but it works...

A

• Morning all and thanks for the update for this great machine.
    On the subject of the steering tiller:
    I am running both P3dV4 and V5 on separate drives.
    The tiller in V4 works as it always has.
    IN v5 I cannot get it to work no matter what I select Mouse, Aileron + Mouse or Speedbrake
    And yes I have selected Steering on in the pilot side panel :-)
    I have installed v1.021 and the P3DV5 HF.
    Incidentally I cannot steer with rudder on the ground either.
    Any help appreciated.
    Stay well
    Rob

• Have you also configured you input devices via the cpan?

That could very well be the culprit
  • Hi kroswynd and thanks for the response. Yes I have. Im in a bit of a bind with this one. Might try an uninstall and reinstall

• Well whip me with a wet shoe lace and call me stupid! :D
    Found the issue - my brain.
    As I said I have the Dash8 installed for both P3dV4 and V5.
    Turns out the CPAN shortcut I THOUGHT I was using for V5 was in fact the one for V4! The shortcut for V5 was hidden in a wee mass of other shortcuts!
    The steering works a treat and the aeroplane is a joy to fly in V5.
    Only thing that needs fixing now (not related to the aircraft itself) is being able to use mouse look the same as in P3DV4 using FSUIPC. It appears LM changed something and the Dowsons are looking at it apparently.