Sound Issue

Alumni

2 sound related issues.

First at some point during a flight I lose all cockpit sounds, i.e. switches, leavers, pings etc. The external sounds are uneffected. I hear the engines when in external or internal view. When first spawning in all is fine it's only in flight that the problem occurs

Second after landing and engine shutdown the external sounds continue. It's the sound you get when at cruise. It happens in both external and internal views.

Thought's?

Pro edition
win 10
P3dV5 HF2
Chaseplane
FSUIPC

Ian

Comments

• Hi Ian,

There have been few discussions regarding sound, have a look at a few of the threads and see if one of the discussions and see if it may betaylored to your issue.

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/comment/3157#Comment_3157

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/690/sound-loss/p1

Keep us posted

• Thank you for the responce. Although similar it's not the exact same problem however I have been doing some further investigations this morning and I think I may have solved it. I have done though what you should never do in fault finding, and thats change more than one thing a time. First was to install the latest USB driver for my Focusrite Scarlett 212 sound card. It wasn't that old but it was not the latest so that may have been it. Also in the control panel I moved all the selections from 3D to left and right speakers, again could of been this. I've only done one flight since making the changes so will need many more to confirm the issue is over. I'll keep you informed. Ian

• edited December 2020
    Sounds good.... For a bit of sound authenticity when every thing gets back to normal you can set other parameters specifically to the left and right speakers.

Keep us posted
  • It started happening to me yesterday. I've been flying the Q400 frequently for the past few weeks. Yesterday, all of a sudden on my Logitech G633, I loose engine noise from the cabin when I look in front. If I turned my head, the sound would come back. If I restarted on earbuds on RealTek audio everything would be ok. Updated logitech drivers then no some at all from any device!. I have to revert to setting "FL/FR" on CPAN and I loose spacial audio.

Is there a solution for this?

• Is there a solution for this?

FYI Found it. 2 days ago I updated the G633 software. Logitech installed a component "Logitech G-Hub". That was causing my problems. I uninstalled it and the sound works after reverting to 3D in CPAN