Upgrade to Pro Version

After a longer pause I would like to come back to this beautiful bird. Currently I am using P3v4.3 and I have a valid MJC DQ400 Pilot license but I have not yet installed it in P3D. I have two questions:
1. Is it better to install first my pilot version and upgrade later or would it be better the other way around?
2. If I remember correctly, at FSX times, saving a flight situation was not fully functional in regard of the panel state (EFIS, FMC, ...) How does this work now with current versions (pilot or pro) in P3Dv4.3 ?

Kind Regards,
Harry Martin

Comments

• edited August 2018

Hi,
    1. The installers for the Pilot and Pro versions are seperated, so if you liked to purchase the Pro version, you would have to uninstall the Pilot version first (the windows "programs and features" function will give you an easy and clean uninstall) and thereafter you would have to run the installer for the Pro edition.

1. I've been using FSUIPC along with the Pro version and 4.2 a couple of weeks ago and had to reload the sim a few times back at that time when ChasePlane was causing CTDs for some users.
      So far, I've not encountered any issues with reloading the aircraft at a certain state. I would imagine it's the same with version 4.3, as the Q400 hasnt been updated since then.
  • edited August 2018

The fax version of the Q400 will not work, or even install, in to P3dv4. You will have to purchase the P3d v4 64 bit version of the Q.
    Whether to upgrade to the FSX Pro edition first, and then buy the 64 bit edition for Prepar3dv4, is really up to you. It may be cheaper to just buy the full 64bit version of the Q versus paying for upgrades twice. Check with the various Q400 vendors for a possible savings.

• If you are interested in the PRO Edition simply go to the vendor from which you purchased the PILOT Edition and purchase the PRO version (32 bit) and then purchase the PRO 64 bit upgrade. Be sure to read the instructions on the vendors website from which you original purchased the PILOT Editions of the Q400.

Regarding panel states, the PRO edition has this feature which is accessible via the Control Panel.

• edited August 2018

Thank you guys. All worked perfect and I'm very happy to fly this masterpiece through the skies again. Don't understand why I've made such a long pause.