Update Pro version from 1.020 to 1.021

Is this update 1.0.21 ok for P3Dv4.5.14.34698 ?
Do I need to uninstall 1.020 first ?
When it asks me to save the files, what is the preferred place?

Comments

• edited August 2020

I am not responding in any official capacity (I don't work for Majestic) ...

But, yes, you can update the Dash 8 to 1.021 on P3D v4.5.14.34698. I am currently running P3D v4.5.14.34698 and version 1.021 works fine.

I did not uninstall 1.020 first. I merely ran the 1.021 installer/updater, over the top, and responded to the questions it asked.

I can't recall the specifics about the questions it asked, or whether it even asked me to save files. Suffice to say, if it does ask, then the files will likely be for backup purposes. With that in mind, either save them where the installer/updater suggests (recommended), or, if it doesn't provide a suggested location, then simply save them to a temp folder. The file most likely to be saved, as a backup, will be your existing MJC84.ini file. As long as you can get to the file(s) later, for reference, that will be fine.

• It would be beneficial when updating anything to back up files which you have modified. You do not need to uninstall version 1.020. Saving files is something left up to the user as we all have our own methods ( I normally create a folder on my flightsim drive called SIM backups - and create folders within that specific to each aircraft or scenery that the backup pertains to).

• Thanks freddy. With all the different updates, it all gets a tad confusing. Great to hear that I can 'simply' install over the top of previous version. Agree freddy and kroswynd that making backups of certain files is good practise. Been using MFS2020, but it seems to have several isssues, so will revert back to P3D for the next few months while MFS2020 settles down and some decent aircraft appear.