STARS EICK

Hi,
I posted the following to Navigraph as I do not know where the problem is coming from:
Hi,
There is a funny behaviour with the STARS (all of them) when doing a LNAV procedure.
This is with Win 7 - P3DV4.5 - MJC Q400 PRO - AIRAC 2020.09.
We take a VAPAL 1G for Rwy 34 RNAV
It gives VAPAL - ROBVO - ATLAM (course 253°) "NO LINK"(that we clear for the procedure) then again ROBVO (now with a course 073°) then back to ATLAM. If we do not delete the extras ROBVO and ATLAM, we fly back the opposite direction and back again.
But we are not supposed to clear anything but the "NO LINK" in a procedure so, how can we do it within the rules.
I fly a good bit of ather places and so far I found these abnormalities only in EICK.
Thanks to have a look and please let me know if I do someting wrong.
I'll post as well with Majestic Forum.
Kind regards

If someone has an idea thanks in advance,

JP

Comments

• OK I got some answer on Navigraph forum which is quite interesting and very helpful if the case of EICK replicates somewhere else.

Here it is:

"Did you maybe select both the VAPA1G arrival and the ROBVO transition for the RNAV runway 34 approach?

VAPA1G goes VAPAL ROBVO ATLAM then GOSDA and the ROBVO transition for RNAV34 goes ROBVO ATLAM then GOSDA.

When selecting RNAV34 after VAPA1G, you should not select an approach transition (just the final approach itself) else you risk getting duplicated legs. Some FMSes are smart enough to fix such duplication for you, but not all of them can.

Note: some FMSes automatically select an approach transition for you, in which case you might need to override it manually. Not familiar enough with the Universal FMS to know whether it's the case here.

The Navigraph data appears correct, unless there is something specific in the Majestic Q400 database (but I suspect the issue comes from what I described above instead).
    Tim

Hi Tim,
    Thank you for your reply.
    Yes we have two transition;, first the Rwy then a WP which is the same procedure on all approaches in EICK.
    The UNS FMS is very different compare to Airbus or Boeing and sometimes its logic is a bit tricky.
    You are right with that procedure; if we do not enter the second transition, it works fine with the RNAV. By the way it is the same with the ILS, if we enter the second transition, it flies over the CRK VOR and back again.
    Good to know and I'll post on Majestic as well to clarify that procedure as this can happen on other airfields.
    Thanks again Tim,
    Regards,
    JP"

We have to remember that the UNS FMS does not work like any other FMS and keep that in mind for future reference.

Regards,

JP

• Hello,

I am currently away from my computer, but we will have a look at this. This could also be a issue with the Navigraph release.

Cheers