Control Panel not saving settings

I have upgraded to v5 and when I make changes to the control panel (and I make sure I'm hitting apply) the settings won't save. I'll load up the sim and the plane is not set correctly. After closing and reopening the control panel again, the settings still aren't changed. I just installed it today, so it's up to date.

Thank you.

Comments

• Mentioned in the P3D v5 announcement.

There are few things that some of you may have noticed do not function in the same capacity as they previously did within the CPAN for version 5.

These items unfortunately will remain this way until LM is able to make some adjustments to parameters which are required for total functionality of the CPAN, however, the SYSPAN for failures works as intended.

One a side note.... Just clicking APPLY will not save the changes if you are trying to execute this while the Simulator is running, as it NORMALLY would require the aircraft to be RELOADED.

Since this funtionality is currently not functioning as designed one can open the CPAN while the simulator is closed and make/ save the changes as this should work. The CPAN must always be run in admin mode.

Regarding the fuel and loading of pax and bags that will work as it always did.
  • Hello,
    I just installed the P3D V5 version today and I have the same problem, with the control panel, I am trying to modify the config, but nothing changes. How to reload the aircraft to activate the change
    Thanks

• Hi @dom66

Did you read the post above yours? It addressed what you are asking.

Cheers

• @kroswynd said:
    Hi @dom66

Did you read the post above yours? It addressed what you are asking.

Cheers

So I come back to the first two important unresolved issues for me. No steering, and control panel not saving settings (hopefully there are more others) Problems that did not allow me to fly this buggy plane for P3DV5. . Inadmissible to sell an unfinished product, sorry to say. Yes I read the post above mine, and sorry to tell you that I have tried everything. As indicated I clicked on apply with the simulator closed, and CPAN executed in administrator mode. But nothing changes. Is it possible to have a more precise explanation, for these two problems thank you. This Dash was perfect for FSX and unfinished for P3DV5.
    Excuse for my bad English

• Do you have another version of the Dash 8 Q400 installed on your PC?

• @kroswynd said:
    Do you have another version of the Dash 8 Q400 installed on your PC?

Not at all. This is a new PC less than a week old especially for P3DV5 and later MSFS2020. There is only one version of the Dash 8 Q400.

• So I come back to the first two important unresolved issues for me. No steering, and control panel not saving settings (hopefully there are more others) Problems that did not allow me to fly this buggy plane for P3DV5. . Inadmissible to sell an unfinished product, sorry to say. Yes I read the post above mine, and sorry to tell you that I have tried everything. As indicated I clicked on apply with the simulator closed, and CPAN executed in administrator mode. But nothing changes. Is it possible to have a more precise explanation, for these two problems thank you. This Dash was perfect for FSX and unfinished for P3DV5.
    Excuse for my bad English

Well, let's get something clear regarding your snide comments about us selling a buggy and unfinished product.

The aircraft was originally developed for FSX which you have previously used. When P3D v4.x came on stream we re-programmed the backend of the software to become compatible with the 64bit architecture, and the software worked as it did in FSX, it's not MJC's fault for the CPAN not being fully functional for v5.x. Until Lockheed Martin fixes the issue preventing the CPAN from functioning as it should there is nothing that we can do with changing the functionality of CPAN's integration with the simulator. S

With that said!

1. The CPAN will still function normally for weight and balance functions as it will still inject the data to v5.

2. Any other feature within the CPAN if changed while the SIM is running will not change after hitting APPLY and then reloading the aircraft. It is this feature that we are currently awaiting LM to rectify, as this also affects being able to load or unload the HUD.

The only solution that we can offer at this time is:

a) If you make changes to the CPAN while the Q400 is loaded within the SIM, you MUST RESTART the simulator before the changes will take effect.

b) One can make the desired changes within the CPAN (be sure to click APPLY) before starting P3D v5 and loading the Q400, and the changes will take effect.

c) If this still fails to work for you which I don't see why it should, you can access the mjc84.ini and make the needed changes there, and be sure to save the file then restart P3D v5, and then load the Q400.

Both of the items that you are attempting to activate should be easily done via the last process if "a & b" does not work for you. It has worked for everyone else thus far without issue, and for those that did have an issue, it was merely that they were not executing the procedure correctly. I do agree that it is a hassle but at this time it is a means to an end.

• a) With CPAN I make the changes with while Q400 is loaded in the SIM and paused in the taskbar. I restart the simulator and nothing changes.
    b) I make the desired changes in CPAN, I click APPLY, I restart P3D v5, and I load the Q400 and nothing changes.
    I bought this plane on SIMMARKET and here is what it says
    « The MJC8 Q400 addon for Lockheed Martin Prepar3d 4.x and v5.x » ici : https://secure.simmarket.com/majestic-software-dash-8q-400-pro-edition-64bit-p3d-(fr_11283).phtml
    So I confirm for P3D v5 it is not finished. Sorry

• As I told you due to Lockheed Martin making changes in version 5 it has disabled most of cpan functionality which is beyond Majestic control at the moment. The aircraft itself is 100% functional within the sim platform. So at the moment it is what it is and we simple have to await LM to rectify the issue.

If you are unable of making changes via the cpan in either state, then use option in C (mjc84.ini) which is just as effective as using the CPAN.
  • Ok then tell me where the modification to have a cold and dark is. I found for the Kg and the Top of descend. But there is also the steering which does not work.
    If you are waiting for LM to make a change for P3Dv5 you should not say that your aircraft was compatible, or inform customers about the problems. Normally in a normal world it's not up to the software designer to adapt to add-ons, right?

• @dom66 said:
    Ok then tell me where the modification to have a cold and dark is. I found for the Kg and the Top of descend. But there is also the steering which does not work.
    If you are waiting for LM to make a change for P3Dv5 you should not say that your aircraft was compatible, or inform customers about the problems. Normally in a normal world it's not up to the software designer to adapt to add-ons, right?

I don't know how much more lucid you would like us to be on the matter. End of discussion

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/814/majestic-softwares-q400-is-now-prepar3d-v5-ready#latest

• INI ENTRIES:

Cockpit State: Usually located towards the bottom of the ini file

PANEL STATE INI
    [CONFIGURATION]
    cockpitConfigScript=ccBoarding

If the CPAN is not making the changes as you mentioned, then simply type the panel state required AFTER the "cc"

NWS INI
    [FLIGHTCONTROLS]
    ; this means, no real force feedback available
    ElevatorInFSXmode = 1
    ; TillerInput = 0: tiller control is with mouse only
    ; TillerInput = 1: turning ailerons below 40kts will steer the plane
    ; TillerInput = 2: tiller is mapped to the spoiler axis
    TillerInput =2

• Thanks for the videos, I did the same manipulation as you and the result was like for you the CPAN to modify the ini file.
    However, with the plane it does not work. Suddenly I have the steering, and no more ailerons. I'm giving up
    For the time being. I too will stop discussing this topic and come back to the MJC8 Q400 will be updated for P3Dv5, or ask LM to adapt P3D to your plane! LOL
    For your information I bought the 787 from Quality wings for P3D and I have no problem, QW plane 99,9% compatible for P3Dv5, and with this plane my Joystck works fine.
    I would look every now and then to see if there is an update. I hope
    If I find a solution I will let you know
    For the moment I put the plane back in the hangar, hoping not to have thrown my money away.
    Rgds
    Dom

• Hello,
    I am coming back to you to give you an explanation.
    I found the problem after reinstalling Dash 8Q. It turns out that my PC is brand new, made on 10/20/2020 specially and with the maximum recommended for MSFS 2020.
    The problem is that not all files are editable, due to an "owner" issue with the files. Even CPAN could not modify the ini file
    By modifying the properties of the ini file myself, and reinstalling it works.
    However, I have a white window instead of the System Panel.
    Consider that this problem is resolved.
    Thanks for help
    Rgds

• Hi,

Maybe you check this conversation:
    http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/comment/3207

Rgds
    Reinhard