No Steering on P3Dv5

hello, i just installed the Q400 version P3D v5. And I have in addition to the problem of the control panel, I have no steering on the front wheel, although I have the sw steering on ON, and the sw Spoiler on taxi??
Thanks for help
Dominique

Comments

• Do you also have the Q400 installed for P3D v4.5? If so you may be using the wrong CPAN. If this is not the case there are two posts listed below that you can have a look at.

This topic has been discussed at length in the forum and doing a search may reveal your answer.

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/comment/3376#Comment_3376

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/comment/3106#Comment_3106

Keep us posted

Cheers

• Hello Kroswynd,
    Thanks for the answer, no I don't have P3D v4.5, just P3D v5 which I just installed. I had the Q400 on FSX and it worked great.
    Also I do not understand the explanations well, English is not my language.
    I don't have Rudder pedals, just Thrustmasters stick. Where is "Rudder disconnect"?
    Dom

• edited October 2020

OK I am now seeing your response, as this may change up the way you want to set up the aircraft.

1. Since you do not have rudder pedals installed are you using the twist function of thrust-master joystick?

If not then,

1. Are you asking how to enable the auto-rudder feature in the Q400 since you don't have actual rudder pedals? This has to be done via the mjc84.ini file as we do not have it accessible via the CPAN at this time.

At the very end of the [FLIGHT CONTROL] Section is a line which references Auto-Rudder, you need to change this to 1.0

AUTO_RUDDER_FACTOR=0.0 change the 0.0 to 1.0

I hope I am understanding what you are trying to explain.

Keep us posted

• I kroswynd,
    Merci pour la réponse, avec mon joystick il i a la direction en torsion gauche et droite du stick. C’est comme ça que j’utilisais le mjc84 avec fsx.
    mais voici une copie de mon mjc84.ini file. AUTO_RUDDER_FACTOR est déjà à 1.0, donc ce n’est pas la solution hélas.
    Thanks for the reply, with my joystick i have for rudder the left and right twist direction of the stick. This is how I used the mjc84 with fsx.
    But here is a copy of my mjc84.ini file. AUTO_RUDDER_FACTOR is already at 1.0, so unfortunately that's not the solution.

ELEVATOR_EFFECTIVENESS =0.4
    AILERONS_EFFECTIVENESS =1.0
    RUDDERS_EFFECTIVENESS =0.5
    PEDALS_STEERING_EFFECTIVENESS = 0.5
    AUTO_RUDDER_FACTOR =1.0

• Without the ability to make turns on the parking lots or taxiway I cannot use this plane, which was OK and great on FSX, especially for having paid for the P3Dv5 update. I hope all these bugs will be fixed soon, for P3Dv5.

• Hi,

I also use the Q400 from FSX over all versions of P3D up to v5. And I can confirm, that steering was always working and there is no difference across all versions. So it must be on your side and it's not a bug of the Q400.

You typically have three places to look for conflicting/wrong assignments: the simulator, FSUIPC (most of us use this tool) and the INI file of the Q400. So check the settings in FSX and in P3D for differences.

Rgds
    Reinhard

• Reinhard.
    Thank you for the answer. I compared the INI file for a difference between FSX and P3D.
    The only difference is
    P3D Tiller Input = 2 on P3D and I had on FSX 1
    I also had the option of having the Cold and Dark panel which I couldn't have.
    So I changed the Tiller Input from 2 to 1, and tried.
    Great, I got the steering, and gave it a try. But big disappointment I have the steering but no longer the ailerons.
    I don't use FSUIPC, and never used the paid version.
    Rgds
    Dom