Dash 8 Q400 Pro causes to restart PC/CTD in P3D v5.

I downloded majestic dash 8 q400 pro from just flight and installed in p3d v5. But after sometime PC restarts with a noise. Please help.
Regards,
Haseen Ahmad.

Comments

1. Is the Q400 version that you have for a 64 bit or 32 bit platform? there are two versions.

2. If the PC is restarting as in a CTD, could you check to see if the CTD is caused by the Q400?

There is not much more I provide information wise as I am not sure the Q400 is the issue at this time.

• Dear Krosswynd:

1. It is 64-bit version. I used 64-bit for my p3d v4.5 as well.

2. It is due to Q400. Previously it was caused by QW787. After renaming TrueGlass.dll to TrueGlass.off in the "Gauges" folder, now ok for 787. But still crashing for Q400 now.

• I understand you are accusing the Q400, but you claim is very sparse as I mentioned. We are not mind readers and so providing us with let's say, the cause of the crash which can/should be seen from the event viewer may allow us a better opportunity to assist.

Your issue is not common if you advise that it's restarting your PC. Yes there are ctd events that are possible which could very well be caused by the Q400, and or by you the user.

Provide conditions under which it crashes such as: upon loading, at the gate when turning on a device, during taxi, is it after takeoff, is it at a default or complex airport, are there other addons in use.

Thanks
  • Dear kroswynd:

Thanks for your reply.

I don't use any add-on scenery/airport. All are default airports. I use FSDreamteam GSX and Level 2 Exp. The add-on airplanes I use are: PMDG 747 QOTS II, 737 NGXu, FSLabs A3XX, Fly the Mad Dog X, QW 787 in P3D v5.0.

I was making a flight from VGBR to VGHS. FMA modes Roll: NAV, Pitch: VNAV PATH. I armed approach in FMS. During approach to RW32at VGHS, when NAV mode switched to LNAV APPR, the sim froze for few seconds, screen became black and p3d v5 closed.
    My graphics card is Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080. RAM 32 GB and SSD hard drive. I earnestly hope you can solve the problem and let me enjoy Q400 in p3d v5.0 as well as I do in p3d 4.5. No CTD in p3d v4.5 so far.

Kind regards,

Haseen Ahmad.

• Thanks Haseen,

As mentioned in my original post, unless you provide the crash event information with what may have caused the CTD/RESTART it does not really help anyone at the moment.

IF the Q400 is working in v4.5, and seems like you are normally off to a good start in v5 but then the CTD event occurs. Your issue could be hardware, software or even user induced. Granted you are not running an complex scenery, and the aircraft you have installed have not been problematic which should also allow for a smooth operation with the Q400.

• kroswynd:
    How can I provide you "crash event information"?
    Haseen Ahmad.

• Hello Haseen,

Kindly take some time and check YouTube or google and see how to acquire information from your event viewer. This is information that is valuable and getting as much info on it is an asset in helping self trouble shoot issues.

Cheers

• Dear:
    Does Q400 Pro use TrueGlass? If yes, how to disable it? As I found disabling trueglass in QW787 helped a similar issue.
    Haseen Ahmad.

• No true glass on the Q400
  • Ok. Thanks kroswynd.