'VC only' view

Hi,

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but I can't find it!

I have started using a second monitor for instruments. Instead of using 2d pop-ups I create a new view using the 'VC only' view as it saves fps massively.
When I try this with the Dash 8 the view defaults to the 'mjc Dash 8 cockpit'

Is the 'vc only' view not available on this plane, or is it something I'm doing wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Great plane!

Many thanks

Comments

• This is something that we have not tested as such as most users prefer to use one of the provided methods that come with the Q400 (2D VC, or Pop-ups)

Cheers

• Thanks for the reply. It seems to work with all other aircraft so perhaps its something to do with my Dash 8 settings.

If it's something you could look at in the future I'd appreciate it, but if it's a lot of work and nobody really uses it I completely understand.

Cheers

• Time permitting I'll have a look into it, but can't guarantee a fix at this time, hopefully an "upcoming patch".

Cheers

• Hi,

You must do something wrong. I have a setup with a 32:9 screen for the outside world and two touch screens for the panel. I created two cameras in the camera,cfg file. The camera for cockpit view uses the VC only method. And this works here for me without any problem.

Rgds
    Reinhard

• @aua668 said:
    Hi,

You must do something wrong. I have a setup with a 32:9 screen for the outside world and two touch screens for the panel. I created two cameras in the camera,cfg file. The camera for cockpit view uses the VC only method. And this works here for me without any problem.

Rgds
    Reinhard

Thanks Reinhard,

I'll try creating a view via the camera cfg. When I select vc only in the sim it defaults to the main camera view - which obviously kills fps.

I'll keep trying, thanks for you help.