Right mouse button freezing the simulator

Hi Guys,

I have been struggling to fix the right mouse button issue of freezing the simulator, mainly when I try to drag the condition levers.
I'm using P3D version 5.1 in windows 10 Pro 20H2.

Thanks,

Marco Aurelio

Comments

• Dragging the condition levers is normal accomplished with the left mouse button unless you hace changed the functionality. Other right button functions have not have not exhibited and freezing of the aimz at least on my end and I am using the Win10 version that you mentioned.

Regarding freezing the sim I don't recall any previous reports of use of the right mouse exhibiting this behavior. I will have a look into this a see if I can replicate.

Could you provide a video clip of the behavior(s) so that we can at least view your manipulation of the controls and or items that are the potential causes.

Thanks
  • Could you provide a video clip of the behavior(s) so that we can at least view your manipulation of the controls and or items that are the potential causes.

Hi Kroswynd, thanks for replying!!

As you have asked me, here is a short video showing the problem depicted above:

See you,

Marco Aurelio

• Just to be clear Kroswynd:

Left mouse click is showed in blue and right mouse click in orange.

Marco Aurelio

• Thanks for the illustration of the issue.

1. Might you be using any third party utilities addons that may be interfering with the mouse functionality. If you are using any, could you attempt to run the Q400 by itself if see if you are able to replicate the issue?

2. I suspect that the Q400 is the only addon that is exhibiting this behaviour in your hangar?

3. Are you by chance using FSUIPC's autosave feature? This is known to cause stuttering (more common), but could have other oddities that have not been fully proven.

4. What version of Win 10 are you running, recent updates have caused issues with timing with Queue, and as a result we have recommended that all users at this time use the Multimedia Timing which can be activated via the CPAN (control panel).

These suggestions may be rectify your issue but at least its a start.

Keep us posted

• I have been able to test on my end to verify that we did not have a hidden unidentified bug, but was unable to replicate your issue.

• Hi Kroswynd,

Thanks once more for your attention and quick replying to the opened thread!!

By-the-way congratulations to has made an objective video!

Happily, I found a solution to the problem, as you can see in this video:

• Awesome news...thanks for the update

• A big hug buddy!!!

Best of all.

• edited December 2020

Hi Kroswynd:

I'm back to apologize for the last postings. Finally, I've found the cause for the mouse misfunction. The windows cumulative update was not the problem. Indeed one "old app related to VATSIM" was causing the mouse hanged problem, mainly when using the right button.
    I discovered that when I proceeded to clean up the windows cache. After that, for while, the system worked very well; when I returned to use "the old app related to simulation", as mentioned before, the problem returned.

I'm using now another app to see VATSIM Traffic. So far, I've not had any problem anymore.

You were right, Kroswynd:

1. Might you be using any third party utilities addons that may be interfering with the mouse functionality. If you are using any, could you attempt to run the Q400 by itself if see if you are able to replicate the issue?

Thanks and Best of all!!

Marco Aurelio

• Good news... Thanks for the update. Finding the issue sometimes can be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Cheers
  • @kroswynd said:
    Good news... Thanks for the update. Finding the issue sometimes can be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Cheers

:smile:

Cheers!