Pause @ TOD

Hello:

I use pause @ TOD. I'm having a bit of an issue however.

When the airplane is a few miles from TOD, the sim pauses - great. However, after I un-pause the sim, the airplane pauses again, and again, and again. It will keep pausing until after I pass the TOD or cancel the VTO.

Is there any way to please have the aircraft pause @ TOD once and stop pausing thereafter?

Thanks.

Comments

• edited August 2018

Will have a test of this specific function.

Thanks for bring it to our attention.

• Performed a test of the Pause @ TOD and it works as intended. are you able to reproduce this problem, and if so kindly provide steps in how you are able to replicate the problem.

Thanks

• edited August 2018

Sorry. I've been away on vacation. I had to a fresh install of my sim a few weeks back but haven't had time to do any flying. Please give me a chance to test the fresh install to see if that fixed my above issue.

But in short, with Pause @ TOD, the sim would pause as I approached TOD. I'd hit the keyboard "P" button to un-pause, but seconds later the sim would pause again. This would happen over and over again until I passed TOD or I cancelled VTO.

Thanks again for the help.

• I, too, just encountered the Repeated PAUSE problem an hour ago. It did not always happen, and the circumstance that leads to the problem is unclear to me yet. I will report again if I notice any possible causes.

• Well, believe it or not, I had the pleasant or unpleasant (depending on how you look at it) experience of this a few evenings ago. Still not able to pin point the cause, apart from the fact that it was the first long haul flight (2:45) I had done in a while.

What I have/did notice was that I had an initial TOD position and then about 5 minutes later I had the TOD pause happen again, but required my hitting the PAUSE button at least ten times before the SIM continued/executed the descent.

Is this similar to what you guys have been experiencing?

Keep me posted...thanks

• I had this and had to cancel vnav to get out of the pause loop.

Thanks
    Darcy

• It is has been added to the bug list for sure
  • @kroswynd said:
    Well, believe it or not, I had the pleasant or unpleasant (depending on how you look at it) experience of this a few evenings ago. Still not able to pin point the cause, apart from the fact that it was the first long haul flight (2:45) I had done in a while.

What I have/did notice was that I had an initial TOD position and then about 5 minutes later I had the TOD pause happen again, but required my hitting the PAUSE button at least ten times before the SIM continued/executed the descent.

Is this similar to what you guys have been experiencing?

Keep me posted...thanks

Hello,

yeah i experienced that on flight longer than 1 hour prior to TOD

• Experienced the same today on a flight from LDZA to LOWW - FL170. From 10Nm to the TOD, it started pausing repeatedly. VNAV was calculated to IAF of 5000' with a -2000fpm rate of descent. Only stopped after recalculating the TOD while paused.