Navdata problem

Hi.
P3Dv2

TheQ400 FMC does not contain any (very few) nav data that match my P3d nav data base.
Example:
Around ENZV - there should be RSY (ndb) SOTIR (wpt).

Checking STAR -SID Simplates it is difficult to recognize any that are suggested by the FMC.

Have dumped the P3d data to Plan-G, and use it frequently on other aircraft. I am not looking for something fancy, perfect match airways or similar. All I want is to create a simple flightplan from A to B.

I could of course purchase Navigraph update - But then I must copy it to P3d to for a perfect match. I do not know how to this. The best solution would be to copy P3d data base to Q400 . But, again I do not know how to do it.

thanks

Comments

• Why would you need your P3D database to be up to date though? Pretty much every addon aircraft relies on its own navigation system which can be updated through Navigraph or NDP as you already mentioned. The aircraft will only use this for reference.

The only thing you would need to keep up to date within the actual sim are navaids such as VORs, NDBs etc. Those can be updated for free using this tool. https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

• Please can you clarify something for me? I have FSX-SE and I use Navigraph (subscribed) for the Majestic Dash so my nav data are up to date (I hope!). If I update the navaids as described with the aero.sors.fr free tool will it update my FSX base navdata, which I use for 'stock' Microsoft aircraft in FSX, without interfering with my Dash navigation?

regards

Andrew

• Example:
    My last attempt to program a flight from ENZV to ENTO.
    Checking Navigraph - airway M125 and Z132 makes sense.
    Intersections along airways
    IDIPI
    PGAV
    ULMLIG

Does not exist in FMC.

Checking Simplate Jeppesen departure there are several intersections near ENZV for departure.
    DOGGI
    SOSOL
    SOTIR

They exist in Plan-G (based on P3D database) - but not in FMC.

The SIDs in FMC does not give a clue to pick. None hook up to airway M125.
    Only way to create a plan is to guess, and delete most of waypoints.

The same story with arrival at ENTO.
    The IAP in Jeppesen does not exist in FMC for a basic approach. Again - guess a STAR and then delete waypoints down to something that looks like a IAP .

Please note that my Q400 FMC never been updated. It is as delivered from Justflight.

Thanks for reading...

• Please note that my Q400 FMC never been updated. It is as delivered from Justflight.

Per your last statement, this is where most of your issues are being driven from. The MJC Q400 ships with a MUCH OLDER version of a Navigraph database, and over the years many of the way-points have changed so you will very likely see discrepancies when planning routes and comparing them to apps that may be using more up-to-date databases.

A more recent or current Navigraph database update which can be purchased from Navigraph would rectify your issue.

Cheers

• edited April 2019

Andrew,

Navigraph injects coordinates of waypoints, NDBs, VORs, airports etc into your Q400 FMS. You can think of it as an overlay.
    However, all the facilites that are actually transmitting signals (like NDBs, ILS and VORs) are stored within the sim - so that the position which the VOR/ADF needle points to or the DME readout that's being shown are taken from within the simulator.
    By downloading this navigation tool you will clear out any discrepancies between where the actual navaid is located (within FSX) and where the plane "thinks" it is (FMS AIRAC).

Put briefly, both your stock aircraft and any complex addon aircraft will benefit from keeping the FSX internal database up to date.

Some aircraft developers have even included this navigation update tool in their installers.

• Thanks.
    Works fine now.
    The pre-millennium PIC767 (FS9) worked out of the box with interceptions mentioned above . Strange to see Majestic used a database dating back to Charles Lindbergh.

Thank you guys.....

• Thank you lgl3592, that's really clear and helpful.
    Andrew

• Yeah it's really odd Majestic ship the product with nav data from the time of release like every other developer...

ckyliu - Proud supporter of http://www.ViaIntercity.com, 950+ flights for J41 & Q400 and 200+ for A320

• The pre-millennium PIC767 (FS9) worked out of the box with interceptions mentioned above . Strange to see Majestic used a database dating back to Charles Lindbergh.

@eker
    Not sure if we missed the MEMO that we had to follow other developers regarding what Nav database is readily available with an aircraft upon release. Bear in mind that The MJC Q400 was released in April of 2013, and we have since changed the original Nav database that was packaged with the aircraft, if I recall for the 64bit version of the Q400.

We do not provide bi annual or annual revisions to the NAV Database as users are able to purchase their updates via Navigraph if needed.

Cheers