Just Flight order

Hi All,

i ve just redowload my product from just flight and the version sems to be 1_020x64-inst, is this the current version for the 4.4.

Rgds

sid

Comments

• Correct, plus there is an update available via the USER AREA here on the MJC website

• Hi kroswynd,

No matter what I do, I get no response at all when I click the 'user area' link on the website. Any ideas? Thanks.

• Trying another browser has worked for some folks, not quite sure why you are having an issue getting into the USER AREA.

Keep us posted

Thanks

• I have no idea either but I had exactly the same trouble from my 64 bit Win10 PC, though it worked from my 64 bit Win10 laptop: both running Firefox. I tried Edge on the PC with no joy, but Internet Explorer did. Maybe a security settings or security / antivirus programme issue?

• edited May 2019

The screen is blank (you supposedly get no response) because your browser is only showing the secure content (ie, it's just the showing the heading graphic). It is doing this because it thinks the page is being sent over an insecure connection. There'll be an option in your browser somewhere to tell it you trust this web page, or to "see all content" ... which makes it show the stuff that you're not seeing.

For Edge, for example, there is a small shield icon to the far right of the URL entry box. (It's just to the left of the star icon which you would click to add this page to your favorites.) If you hover the mouse over this shield a tool tip appears with the words "blocked content". Click the shield to bring up the option to "see all content". Voila.

• edited June 2019

Why should users need to download updates from the devs website ? If I pay Just Flight nearly 80 GBP firvthe Pro version, I expect the devs to keep the download file on 3rd party sites, updated !

The customer service from Majestic, is appalling.

When I bought the Pro upgrade, I wasn't even informed that I had to manually configure .ini files, to get the 125hz controls upgrade, to work !

What a joke.

• Oooh, pick that dummy up!

It's quite normal for developers to control release of addons and modifications to the original product via a central, management-controlled outlet - in addition to Majestic, A2A, PMDG, Vertx Simulations do it that way, and only the less-classy developers like Carenado (and Alabeo) eventually circulate updates via version updates to the great unwashed.

Perhaps you should learn to download the aircraft from the developers as a necessary first step in your education..?

The only reason for using Just Flight is for some kind of money off saving, anyway... And in Majestics case the Just Flight serials is perfectly valid in the user area here. Which you should already know...

• edited June 2019

Why should users need to download updates from the devs website ? If I pay Just Flight nearly 80 GBP firvthe Pro version, I expect the devs to keep the download file on 3rd party sites, updated !
    This is the way that we have always .......AND.......will continue to perform our updates. What you expect is not always what YOU will get....I am sure you have enjoyed life long enough to realize this is something you have no control over.

The customer service from Majestic, is appalling.
    Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. Don't roll up in here with this entitlement attitude/mentality, I usually try to be patient with this type of rant, but I have no tolerance for arrogance. If you have a concern or problem we are more than willing to bend over backwards to be of assistance for our customers. However, you are always more than welcome to share your opinion regarding our service and possibly our product.

When I bought the Pro upgrade, I wasn't even informed that I had to manually configure .ini files, to get the 125hz controls upgrade, to work !
    Again, you expect something to be handed to you without reading manuals that we took the time to write with the specifics of the 125hz functionality, granted it can be a tedious process for some to get up and running. It is an option for control usage, not a must...hence reading would have beneficial on your behalf.

What a joke.
    We aim to please!

Cheers

• More than a week goes by and no apology from the alleged simmer Gabe777..?

Not a REAL simmer then, especially as reading manuals appear to be anathema... I guess that confirms the sense of entitlement, matched only by the absence of skill.